GOOD DAYS/BAD DAYS, KARMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD DAYS/BAD DAYS, KARMA?

I got off the phone with my broker because he had not posted a cashier's check to my account that I sent him. My bank said it was cashed on 11/29 but I can't do anything until my bank sends me a copy so I sat there
    depressed wondering if I will ever get my money back. Not too long after a guy I know
    ahom I haven't seen in months calls and says
    "come get this junk out of my shop before the trashman gets here, off I go and what does my long lost friend hand me but a palmgren angle vise and a 10x12 cast iron suface plate both are like new and never
    used, strnage the way things work.
    Non, je ne regrette rien.

Certainly interesting how things seem to work out at times.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

And it can work the other way also:
      On Sunday I collected my Douglas shaper , power hacksaw and welder... beauty!!
      I am in the middle of repainting and generally sprucing up my lathe.
      On Monday I was lifting my Colchester Bantam lathe with a porta-crane, the next thing it is tipping to one side and crashing to the ground, splitting in half at the gap. somehow it slipped and it hit the ground sideways. I'm really pi**ed about the whole affair. I saw it happening but could do nothing to stop it, thankfully I was not damaged as well.
      Ken
      Ken.

Comment

Working...
      X