OT: Seasonal picture (large)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Seasonal picture (large)

Well, after nearly two months the sky finally cleared. Last night I hauled out my new Digital Rebel camera and took a few pics of the sky. This is on tripod only for 30 seconds at ISO 3200. I played a dinky single LED flashlight on the trees to illuminate them during the exposure. It has been processed somewhat but I am amazed at the performance of this camera. This is at 1024x768 resolution. Feel free to snag it for wallpaper if you like.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-10-2004).]
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Gore-Juss!!

Comment

Evan....
      How do you find the firmware hack on that camera.I haven't tried it myself?
      I really ought to get the camera out more,but find I'm too busy making swarf.There is so much to explore with that camera.

Allan

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
        Well, after nearly two months the sky finally cleared. Last night I hauled out my new Digital Rebel camera and took a few pics of the sky. This is on tripod only for 30 seconds at ISO 3200. I played a dinky single LED flashlight on the trees to illuminate them during the exposure. It has been processed somewhat but I am amazed at the performance of this camera. This is at 1024x768 resolution. Feel free to snag it for wallpaper if you like.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-10-2004).]
        </font>

Evan just how did you miss that ufo headed for the star cluster in the top right corner
        Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Fantastic!!!

Comment

Great photo, Evan!

Comment

Thanks guys. Allan, the firmware hack works perfectly. There is no reason why it shouldn't as only a single byte is changed to tell the camera it is a 10D instead of a 300D. Also, there is no way to screw it up that can't be undone. Believe it or not, the camera runs on DOS in ROM. If the firmware becomes scrambled for any reason it can always be returned to the original state.

Comment

Actually I have been freezing to death since I viewed the last snowy picture.

Geeze. I am shivering now, even thou it is 76 in here. Sympathetic? Or pyscho-sympthomatic? The mediciene they have me on makes me sensitive to cold/heat.

Pretty picture tho. My heater got out of bed and went to work. I mean my lovely wife. I Slept 11 hours last night. It will be "next year before I know it like that".

David

Comment

Evan, Is that the Pleiades in the upper right corner? You have so many stars that I cant tell whats where! Much better than the mid Ohio area. We are the cloud capital of the world.
                  Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Evan, did you ever make a comparison between the 300d and nikon A70? Hmm, if you can simply turn the 300D into a 10d, I guess It is the better camera, lol.

Comment

Yes, Pleiades in the upper right and Orion in the center left. I have a good dark sky location in my back yard.

Comment

I liked that pic so much I made it my wall paper. It really is pretty where you live but i am a desert rat born and raised and I would freeze my ass off there.

Comment

Evan

Very nice - if you have the time could you email me the info on the hack for the camera - you have piqued my interest to an extent I have not felt since I realised I never had to eat my sisters meatloaf ever again!

...and such a tearful, joy-filled day THAT was - I assure you.

For a lovely "Pull my finger Santa" gift for that special someone (speaking of my sister) check this site out :
                          http://www.prankplace.com/santa.htm

Comment

Hack info here:

Get your hack here

Comment

Working...
                            X