Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin Doctor
    replied
    Could of been a set-up fro cutting bevel gears with the pitch line at 45D to the axis

Leave a comment:

• vmil3
    replied
    It sounds like my Pedersen Universal Dividing Head. The bevel gears behind the plate are for coumpound and differential indexing. You can gear it to the table, or for differential indexing, a lever at the top of the plate is fliped up to allow the plate to rotate, this is done by having a shaft that fits in the back of the spindle, a gear train then conects the back of the spindle to the bevel gears which rotate the plate. ( I used this to cut some 127 tooth gears )

------------------
    Doug

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied
    No pics. But I'll take some and post.

------------------
    Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Any pictures???

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    started a topic Weird dividing head...

Weird dividing head...

I found a dividing head that is kind of strange. The dividing plate and handle are 90 deg. from the chuck but it is canted up at about a 45 deg angle. It also has a 45 deg. gear directly under the plate. If it were bolted to the table of a mill with the chuck pointed to the right (Operator directly in front of the mill) the plate/handle would be in front of the operator and angled up 45 deg. from the table.
    Sorry if I described it sort of confusingly...
    Just wondering about it. The chuck can also be angled up and has a degree wheel.
    Thanks.

------------------
    Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
Working...
X