Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future is being advertised today. PS2..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future is being advertised today. PS2..

I watched a commercial this morning, a EYE system from PlayStation 2.. WOW..

About twenty years or so ago, my stepson was sitting there playing Mario. Getting obese. (he is a big butterball these days) Not exercising at all. Just twitching his face as he moved Mario.

I love it.. I always said it would progress into "being" Mario.. Looks like it is not far away. In the commercial the kid sways and moves and the game moves.

When the martial arts games come out I gotta have one. Look out furniture at my house. Imagine, kickboxing with "no impact stress" (thou it ain't no fun if there ain't no pain to block) To gamble ya gotta wager. I always said in Flight simulator it was not really fun till the smashed windshield made you bleed.

Watch for the commercials. I love it when I am right, even quite a few years back.

David
    (I am tickled, and getting some joy outa this)

I'm not sure what this may have to do with your post David, but some years back I had a game on the C64 that was voice activated. It sort of worked.

They did some tests for voice controlled firing of weapons in military aircraft. The logical command to speak to discharge a weapon was "FIRE". Easy to distinguish, but what if the plane has been hit and is on fire. "I have a FIRE". Oops, just fired a missle, at what? They finally settled on "BANG!" He, he.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Merry Christmas Dave, my brother in law is 43 and still addicted to PS2:sad: He has this game that he was wac**ng off to me about and insisted that I see it, it is a war simulater set in Iraq(almost real) I cant stand the junk so I suggested that what it needs for the players is a way of inflicting real pain and emotion and ultimately real death; perhaps even R&R where he goes into town and gets p**ed then sleeps with a whore, catches the clap etc etc. Well , he wasn't too impressed with my suggestion as he is a good Christian or he likes to think he is. I sometimes think he is a child in a adults body

Now, car or bike racing simulaters are a different matter...... but still way toooo much addictive.
      Ken

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 12-12-2004).]
      Ken.

Comment

To me, a good robotic code is more entertaining than any puzzle book you can purchase.

Games are a waste of time. At least to me.

I did fall in love with Combat flight simulator thou. I always have loved to fly, just not ever had enough money to do so. Right out of high school I started expensive hobbies like motorcycles and women.

Just now at this age in my life am I really starting to enjoy things. My back / knees, shoulders won't let me ride all day anymore thou.

When the Martial arts games come out.. yeah.. Thou.. I love competetion.. Right now it is rudementary type of feedback. Just silohetteing by a eye.

David

Comment

Evan:

YOu use southern drawls and speech on the computer operators on the phone, they don't have a clue. My Finnish wife, same way. SHe had learned phonetically perfect english from a proper englishman teacher. Y'all c'mere and gimme sum shugar. Really screwed her up. HA. I miss her. She said I was the devil at times.

The ex-brother-in-law (second wife) of mine was over the helicopter base in ALabama. They trained the pilots by putting them in a room, stressing them with heat, lights and noise and making them say the commands over and over. THAT let them have a record of the commands under stress patterns of combat. Pretty neat.
          While my baby brother was a crew chief during Desert storm, he had to help with the refueling of the apache and other helicopters. While the aircraft was landing he said the pilot would look at them as touching down and the guns (he told me, I don't remember the type) would swivel and point at him. Most people are killed during touch-down I think by blade flex. Thumping the skids while people are standing around mindless of the danger.

Comment

I played it last christmas. Only the the kids had wasn't for the ps2, it was for the gamecube? or it was it's own little thing, I don't remember. I played a cheesy kung fu game with my nephews. it was cool. the eye registered movement and it also overlayed your image on the screen so you could chop at asailents from all corners of the screen.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
              Evan:

YOu use southern drawls and speech on the computer operators on the phone, they don't have a clue. My Finnish wife, same way. SHe had learned phonetically perfect english from a proper englishman teacher. Y'all c'mere and gimme sum shugar. Really screwed her up.
              </font>
              The core problem is that she learned to speak english. Folks in US 'talk american', which is similar but very different.

There are two distinct fields in computers having to do with the spoken word. There is voice recognition and language recognition. They are definitely not the same. One has to do with matching sound patterns to words. The other has to deal with understanding the meaning of a set of spoken words. Both are very tricky.

I went to a lecture on this subject back in the mid 80's while in computer science school. The name of the talk was
              "How to wreck an nice beach"

The subject of the talk was
              "How to recognize speach"

I think the title vs the subject hits the nail right on the head.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X