Whats it wiegh?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it wiegh?????

Going after this tommorow,I'm thinking it wieghs around 16,000-18,000Lbs,any clues?

Haven't bought it yet,but the last one like it brought $2,000>

I just need one more tool,just one!

I think it's at least 10 tons.

A friend just sold his ten foot and it weighed over 12,000. What is that, a 16 foot?

Big brakes go for big money around here.

HTRN

------------------
    This Old Shed
    EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

10' shear,I think it's actually a 3/8" capacity machine,can't find a wieght on it anywhere on the net.

Comment

If ya hafta ask, it's too heavy. Isn't that how the saying goes- ?
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Ya,I know, me I don't care,I got a 25ton lattice boom on my end,the trucking company on the other hand has this thing about being overwieght

Looks like from what I have found it will run between 17,900 and 33,700 depending on model,still a wide$$$$$ margin,I hope its a 10'the knives are cheaper.

Comment

questions not 'whats it weigh' but "will it float"....???

(don't mind me i'm losing it up here...must be the cold)

Comment

Don't forget to deduct points for spelling.
              Jim H.

Comment

Yeah, points off for 'capasity'.

Comment

Well it's coming home Monday,$1300.
                  Turns out it's also 1/2" capacity,so thats better.
                  It looks to need backguage work(they all do)and a new foot control,I'm thinking air.

Got new blades it it too,now I just hope I don't have to shorten the crane boom up to make the lift here.

Capasity?Yep,you always run out of c's on a stencil kit

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 12-10-2004).]

Comment

When estimating weight of steel machinery I
                    always figure 500 pounds per cubic foot because its easier to compute.
                    I would use 480 per cubic foot if I wanted to be closer but 500 works for me.
                    Look it over and try to estimate how many cubic feet it contains and multiply by 500 pounds. I believe you will be very close.

Comment

And I thought this was a home shop forum Den

Comment

26,400 lbs.

Here

I'm curious about the price. That thing is worth around $5000 at todays "Drop broken machinery cast" scrap price.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-11-2004).]
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Ha Evan,that page has the exact machine in the back ground,the one we bought has four assist springs,not two like the one pictured,plus its a flat floor model,ours needs a 16" deep trench for the extra wide bottom beam.

Auction price,plus the scap guys don't like big machinery,too much to cut up.plus all the oil that has to be disposed of.There were plenty of scrap dealers there,lots of stainless,titainium,copper nickel and brass.Funny though,they all spoke fluent Yettish

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 12-11-2004).]

Comment

Darin
                            If it is 1/2" capacity - don't try to shear any stainless heavier than 1/4" or you will break the crosshead in half. I am not kidding - seen it happen. Nice machine - I prefer Hydraulic, the mechanical elephant feet never work as good as hydraulic machines. If you ever need new shear blades - make them out of S-7 - we did, far better than the factory blades. Had a tough time finding someone to heat treat them though...

Comment

Not a problem,we can't afford 1/4" stainless

I suspect all the hold downs leak,res is empty,plus the bottom shear blade is well lubed

Its not a hydro,but it still beats a torch or plasma.

Comment

Working...
                              X