tip for the day !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip for the day !!!

if you live up in the frozen north....don't build a deck that holds more snow than you care to shovel !!! (don't ask me how I came to this conclusion)

Take care guys & gals and all the best for the holiday season !!!

Chris

Chris,
    You tell my wife that one.
    kap

Comment

Yup I know the feeling.

------------------
      Paul G.
      Paul G.

Comment

No snow here boys, just sun, wind, rain and cloud cover, sometimes all in one day; it must be Summer
        enjoy Christmas, Ken
        Ken.

Comment

bin there dun that twice in the last two days.
          know the feeling
          Jim
          Jim

Comment

All you need is a rig to turn the floorboards on end so the snow falls through.

Two snow squalls here today. Lasted about three minutes each.
            Frank

Comment

Chris

The trick is to leave a large enough gap between deck boards so snow does not accumulate - 12"-18" is usually enough...

Comment

Yeah, Frank's got the right idea. Build the deck up high, and not only will the revolving deck boards drop accumulated snow, they can also be used to get rid of guests who stay too long. Just go inside, say something like "I'll be right back", then go push the button.
                A further benefit of revolving deck boards is that you can stain both sides differently. Get tired of one color, flip 'em over.
                I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Think about that myself just now...first shovelin' snow fell last night.Maybe a wheelchair type ramp and knock out the railing opposite.Run the tractor up the ramp and push the snow off the edge...
                  Maybe after Christmas...got blue and white lights all over the tractor right now!

[This message has been edited by bobodu (edited 12-14-2004).]
                  If I got it right first time,everytime....I\'d have a real job!

Comment

Guys it's easy,just tack some heavy copper wire to the top of the deck.Then when it snows,hook each end to your welding machine.200 amps should do the trick

And hey,if you leave it on overnight,in the morning there woun't be a deck left to worry about,see that was easy,problem solved
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I'm really liking that "louvered" deck idea......hmmmmmm

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X