OT Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Firefox

Installed Firefox yesterday. No problems except that once in awhile some of the pictures here don't show up. Just some not all. Is there a setting some where I need to make or what?

Thanks.

------------------
    Gene
    Gene

Gene,

I'm assuming you're using 1.0. Can you give a link to a site that you're having trouble at?

Comment

Mike, it seems that I have jumped the gun. I am getting the pictures. I can only assume the one I didn't see was maybe posted wrong.

Thanks for the reply,

------------------
      Gene
      Gene

Comment

i'm actually still using 0.9.2 with a WinXP system. Firefox is the best browser i have ever used. never crashes and no pop-ups.

are you using Thunderbird for email?

andy b.
        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Firefox and Thrunderbird

Never get pop ups or security problems - cuz I never use Exploder except for the constant critical updates (they still have not fixed the 5 serious holes left in it by the last serious update)

Comment

This will only be my third day with it. But so far it looks good. I'm going to install it on my neighbors 16 year old kids computor and really give it a test.

------------------
            Gene
            Gene

Comment

If I could get AlternaTiff to work on it, I'd be perfectly satisfied. So far, I haven't figured out how to do that, though.

It is being a typical pain....its a computer.

But, it views all jpeg files fine. Never had a problem with that.

it is .tif files that it has no clue what to do with.

[This message has been edited by J Tiers (edited 12-15-2004).]

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

If any of you have version 1.0 installed, how do you like it?

[This message has been edited by Mike Burdick (edited 12-15-2004).]

Comment

Mike, I have 1.0. I'm running it on a 233 mmx with 128megs of ram. Installation was easy, no problems. It moved my favorites and passwords from IE. I'm not an expert at all but it seems to work quite well.

It did take almost 20 minutes to download on a dial up. But that was at a very busy time of day.
                  Gene

Comment

I have been using Firefox 1.0 since it came out and I have had no problems with it at all. I think it's a better browser than ie.

Comment

I've known 0.9.3 to spontaneously lose all its bookmarks. Major annoyance. Even that old pig IE never did that. 0.9.3 is also the slowest browser I've ever used when saving JPGs. Otherwise it works well. I've felt no dire urge to switch to the latest version.

wfw

Comment

I'm with Thrud - never use IE. Been using Netscape. Would anyone like to compare Firefox with Netscape? Thanks!

------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X