Collets for Atlas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collets for Atlas

Is there a type of collet that can be used in a 10" Atlas Lathe with a 3/4" spindle hole and a #3 MT. I am looking for a collet with a hole throgh it so long pieces can be worked. I can build a draw-bar and closer but am not sure what particular collet would work. Any suggestions? TIA

Atlas/Clausing sell them.. 3AT round collects # 6707 1/8-1/2 by 32nds.

Tim
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

3C collets work also. The closers are different than 3ATs. But the same drawbar (drawtube) works for both. I think the sounthbend 1A collets will work too (again a diffent closer but same drawtube).

Bruce

Comment

I use the 3at collets in my Atlas 12x36 lathe. The 12" also has a 3/4" thru hole and #3MT spindle. I just about have a full set to 1/2" by 64ths. Some odd balls can be found in 3at, like hex and square. For my lathe I purchased a Royal drawbar/closer set (I only wanted to buy it once) and I am well satisfied with it. Most of my collets are hardinge but I have some imports also. I purchased some of my collets and closer through KBC. I am not sure, but there might be a difference in the handwheel dia. on the drawbar between the 10" and 12".

Hope this helps,
        Frank

Comment

Working...
        X