Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torker
    replied
    Tinkerer...No I didn't. It looks like a really cool project but I don't have enough of them "round tuits". It's actually a well laid out drawing and showes how to setup for the tricky bits. I cheated and bought one on sale for $60 CND.
    Russ

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer
    replied
    Torker.. Did you build one from the plans? If so any photo's to share?

John... Done

Al.... Thanks. I sorry about the scanner. Hope Santa brings you a new one.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• Al Messer
    replied
    I would be glad to send a photo, BUT, my Scanned is busted! However, I did make it with the No. 2 Morse taper and drilled it to take tools with a .375" shank. You could easily make bigger holes and bush down the shanks of smaller tools.

Coles' Power Models as well as Brownells' lists Sparey's book for around $18.00 US.

Leave a comment:

• John Stevenson
    replied
    Tinkerer,
    Drop me an email, your email isn't isted in your profile.

John S.

Leave a comment:

• torker
    replied
    Ha...I see Al and I posted at the same time! I bought my book from Busy Bee tools in Canada
    http://www.busybeetools.com/
    Was around $25Cnd ($20 USD or so) Must be places down there that handle it.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer
    replied
    Ok I found Wise Owl Books.. but I can't find away to search the site for the book. I did find a place that had it in the UK but there has to be a outlet for it in the US. Checked ebay no luck there. So Wise Owl Books.. do I just have to call them or can a order be placed online?

Tim

Leave a comment:

• jfsmith
    Guest replied
    I would like to see pictures and plans also. It could be a decent little project for me to work on.

I may just buy one of those live center kits with teh different noses. If there are no simple or even medium complex turret plans.

Jerry
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer
    replied
    AL... What size is it that you made.. any pic's of it? I'd like to see it. Cause this might be the way to go for me. The turret is just the first part in a project I'd like to make.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• jfsmith
    Guest replied
    I only have one MT3 live center and one MT3 mounted chuck. I do have MT2 to MT3 sleeves for the things from my 7 x 10 lathe. But the are almost a dublication of what I have on my 13 x 40 lathe.

I would like a turret, but not sure if it would useful.

I like the Grizzly price on their MT3 turret. $69.95

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• torker
    replied
    Tinkerer...Al steered me onto this also...L.H Sparey's book...The Amature's Lathe has a good plan for one.
    Russ

Leave a comment:

• Al Messer
    replied
    Tim, I used the plan on page 59 of L. H. Sparey's book "The Amateur's Lathe", published by Argus Books and available from Wise Owl Books.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer
    replied
    Al I've thought about it. Do you have any photos... did you use someones plan or just put it together on the fly?

Thanks Tim

Leave a comment:

• Al Messer
    replied
    Have you considered making your own? I did mine.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkerer
    replied
    Thanks Forrest... I've been looking thru ebay for some time and most I've seen either have a rusted or banged up MT... and still sell for more then I'm willing to pay or as I see could buy for new.

Agian thank you and Happy Holidays... Tim

Leave a comment:

• Forrest Addy
    replied
    Try here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

or:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G9318

Leave a comment:

Working...
X