Free (plus shipping) to good home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free (plus shipping) to good home

I have an anchor for a taper attachment that was in a box I bought at auction. I don't have a use for it. Distances are as follows.

From "V" groove to anchor hole horizontally - 4"

From top of "V" to hole vertacally - 3/4"

Hole diameter - 3/4"

Gray paint
    I think that it went on a South Bend 16" catalog # 2-W. We have one at work that I bolted this on to and it looks about right. But I cant confirm it because the taper attachment on our lathe was an add on.
    Cheers! rock-
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

I have a 16-24 South Bend and am interested in a taper attachment or parts to build one. Do you have any photos?

Comment

I have a mess of books I'd like to pass on to someone else.. Mostly older electrical texts. (one $136 electricians refrence) Some programming, Some machining. I can do a partial listing later tonight.

David

Comment

I would like to have it.

Jerry

Comment

Dave,

I've been meaning to ask you about this actually. What is a good book that will deal with software/hardware interfacing.

I have a book called PC PhD, but haven't looked at it in a while.

What program do you use mostly? VB or C?

-Jacob

Comment

Been through six languages since I started with computers. CUrrently I am using Visual basic 6 enterprise edition. It has some features not available w/student version.
            THE mscomm driver well it takes care of the port, you just open it and dump to it.
            Windows won't let you access any of the ports of memory without some kind of interface done by them. A exception is the 8255.dll driver out there *win98 and lower. You just call the driver and transfer the bits to the memory allocated for it. You can write or read bits the same way, turning on and off outputs at that address location.
            I should be in C++, Linux C is the same language and you can swap back and forth pretty easy. My advice is to anyone who wants to learn a good language to learn C. Then later pick up VB or whatever is popular then.
            I have lots of programs showing how things work. I comment them pretty good since my alcoholic habits format brain cells as fast as memory stores data into them.
            You are welcome to anything I have wrote, just tell me what kinda of machinery you are working with. I'll either post the code on my webspace or email it to you. Right now I am working with antique Opto22 classic boards that communicate w/422 serial logic. I got them at a bargain. My favorite, stuff I am familiar with cheap.

David

Comment

Next semester I am taking a Java programming course. Have done C, and some C with C++ commands, just never object oriented.
              Cant say I enjoy programming much though. Spend so many hours infront of a computer, turn it off, nothing to show for it. Spend hours infront of a Lathe, have something to play with.

Comment

Rock,

What has happened with the anchor?

All of this computer talk is making me want to go out and buy a Sparc station.

Jerry

Comment

I got sidetracked JF: (easy for me) do you need the electricians reference? I think Croft is the author. Email me.

I'll look to see what else I can find down there. Pretty sure I have a schematics reading refrence and digital electronics books too.. somewhere.. I've hurt my back today, down for a bit. I loaded a tinsmith 36" roller and brought it home. Sitting here waiting on the tylenol to kick in.

BillH: You should pick up the "robot" disease. It is programming intensive and you have something nobody else can do in front of you at the end of the day. It all comes in little bites. For sure the hobby to get into it without building what you want is too expensive. The CnC classes don't teach you squat. Kinda like the keyboarding classes at the college. You learn more from chat rooms on how to type.
                  Very easy to access DirectX 3d graphics with C. Harder with VB..

David

Comment

Sorry folks, I checked the list early lastnight. Looks like mwumkes had the first responce. Here is the photo.

mwumkes please let me know either way if you want it. Looks like jfsmith is intrested too.

I'll watch the thread.

ibew, I would love to have a recent issue of the national electric code, if you have a spare.

Comment

Sorry Rock, I am a geek (instrument tech). I usually do controls type work. I do have a Chattanooga city JW/electricians license. I passed the test several years back with a borrowed copy.

I have a book somewhere on "how to read it".

It has changed quite a bit since I started out as a apprentice. It went from about 1" to about 1 1/2" thick now. Lots added. They have classes up the union hall on taking the test. If there is a IBEW hall close by check into it at the JATC close by there.
                      If I can help just holler. ANYone wanting to expand thier mind should be encouraged.

What was that silly guys name.. he sells copies of the NECA book with already tabs and highlighted parts that are in the test.. If I think of his name.. it is worth the extra nickel or two to purchase it. It is not cheating to prepare properly with the proper book.

David

Comment

Yo rockrat!
                        Contact me at [email protected] when you get a chance.

Comment

Rockrat,

I can pick it up.

Happy Haolidays,

Jerry

Comment

mwumkes - Looks like you posted first, I sent an email to ya.

jfsmith - if he mwumkes does not want it, its all yours. If he does, I might have something else you would want. It is Christmas and all.
                            rock -

Comment

Rock,
                              Thanks and Merry Christmas. Are you enjoying the foot of snow?

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                              X