What gives on e bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gives on e bay?

I am fairly new to e bay but have started to notice some strange things. For the third time in a week items I have been interested in just disappeared. I had been following 3 lathe items that I intended to bid on tomorrow, the last day of bidding, but when I logged on today they were gone! What gives? I'm beginning to think e bay is a waste of my time.

There's a few reasons that could occur.

1. Sold with Buy It Now.
    2. Seller ended the auction early.
    3. Item did not meet ebay's listing rules.

Comment

When you find a item that you what to bid on at a later time... just click on (Track this item in My Ebay). That will let you see what happen even after the item sells.

Tim
      Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Tim, that doesn't work in the case of number 3. If the item is deleted by ebay, it doesn't show up anywhere. It's gone forever.

I was watching some items once. Then decided to report the seller on Paypal policy rules. Went to look at them again and they were GONE. No sign of them--even on "My Ebay". Checked using the item number and the usual "does not exsist" comes back.

Comment

hey cheechako i was gonna bet on the same lathe as you i think

Comment

I do a bit of ebay'ing myself. I've found if an item has no bid on it and it's getting close to the end, that means someone could get it for a steal because enough people aren't likely to see it in the time left so the guy pulls it. Once a bid is placed they cannot pull it. So, if you are really interested in it, put a cheap bid on it to anchor it to auction. Then, go to esnipe.com and have it bid for you at 5 or 6 seconds before auction close. The first two weeks of esnipe is free and It allows you to have bid folders. For instance, I could bid on 5 differant lathes and once I win one of the auctions it will cancel all the rest in that group/folder!

Anything I want I bid on light, and then place an esnipe.com bid and I've been real lucky with it.

hope this helps....
            Ray............
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

hey tnx! i really gotta check esnipe out, my internet refreshes pretty slowly so i can actually win a bid with that thing!

Comment

Not really. Just because you snipe doesn't mean you're going to win. Your bid MUST be the highest bid to win. Simple as that!

Comment

The seller can pull the auction even if it does have bids. He does have to notify the high bidder.

I have pulled a couple of auctions for one reason or another, and had people complain because they were waiting to snipe them. Gave me a chuckle. I do not often do this if an item has bids, but things happen.
                  Jim H.

Comment

I have ended items early, reposted them at more money and sold them. Raise the price so you can discount them? I have had some problems with people cursing the cost of shipping and wanting to negociate shipping. I just about have quit at the moment.

Just another ruse to use. Act like you don't want to sell and raise the price.

David.

Comment

Working...
                    X