Looking for small hand drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for small hand drill

I need a hand drill for working with the samller numbered drills. I need to do this by hand, I have already do this with a opin vise and a drill bit, but a little hand crank drill would be much nicer.

An yone have a source for such a drill?

Thanks,

Jerry

Cant you just chuck the pin vice in a battery drill ?

Comment

Here is a wild idea, how about a taping station?
      Used as a drill you should have very good control.
      To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Stanley Tools has a small hand drill, Lee Valley tools carries one also. Lee Valleys looks a little different than the standard versions.

Comment

I've got a small old hand drill. It also has a lever that allows you to downfeed. It was made in Germany, IIRC. It was supposed to be mounded on a rod-stand. (Which I don't have.) Otherwise, you need three hands to work it.

I'll check the minimum bit size tomorrow and scan a pic. If it's what you need, make me a trade offer of little consequence.

Comment

The early part of the 20th century saw a number of small manual drills that could be clamped to a work bench and with automatic feed feature. Yankee Tool Model 1003, single speed, and Model 1005, dual speed, come to mind. There were many others. Check out:

http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/Images/1792-B.jpg

------------------
            Neil Peters
            Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

Comment

How about a variable speed Dremel tool? Just bush the drill bit to fit the chuck. They're light enough to easily manage.
              Ed Pacenka

Comment

That's quite a bit larger than the one I have. This one is maybe 6" total length. The rod hole on the back is about 7/16".

Comment

Working...
                X