How I spent the holiday (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I spent the holiday (pic)

I don't post a lot, but read most every post and have learned a lot from them. When I feel I have something useful to contribute I do but in this case, I don't, and just wanted to show off my holiday work. LOL
    I was granted a patent on a new type of fishing jig and with order coming in I needed production sized (at least for me) molds. This one went from a blank ACAD page yesterday morning to the finished, 20 cavity mold, by the afternoon. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../moldclose.jpg

Hope I posted that correctly.

This one is for a 1/16 oz jig but the first one I did last year was on my manual machine and took me a week. Love that CNC!
    Happy holiday's...
    Stay Safe

very nice! do you use a retrofited homade kind of machine? or like a "real" machine, you know, witht he toolchanger & evertyhing else..

Comment

Its a real machine (Milltronics Partner 1) but I'm the tool changer and with only 4 tool holders it can really slow things down changing and zeroing tools. The hook grooves are cut with an .0625 ball nosed end mill at 7500 rpm and .5 inches per minute feed. Takes a while but they turn out great. In the bottom of the head pocket is a deep plunge cut with the same bit. I snapped 4 of them before finding out the collet was not true. LOL
      Stay Safe

Comment

Got any pics of a completed jig????????

------------------
        Paul G.
        Paul G.

Comment

You can get to them from my web site.
          www.jumpingchollajigs.com go to fishing reports as I dont have them on the front page yet. Still playing with the layout...

Bear with me as I'm new to the web site building thing but its coming along better each week I think. I don't have enough time to spend on it as I'm busy making them. By the way, does anyone have a hook machine they wish to part with? Supply is not what I'd expected with them.
          Stay Safe

Comment

Working...
          X