Shop use for old blender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop use for old blender?

After the Christmas gifts were opened, I find that we now have a surplus old blender.

Anybody have any ideas for a good use for this in the shop? I hate to throw away a good piece of "machinery" with a multi-speed motor.

Put a propeller on it and turn it into the "Shop-Fan 3000" !

Comment

I us mine to make powered glass for use with epoxy

Be safe

Comment

party at Duct Taper's shop

Frozen Margaritas
        6-ounce can of frozen limeade concentrate
        6 ounces tequila
        2 ounces triple sec
        6 ounces lemon-lime soda
        5 cups crushed ice
        lime slices
        margarita salt
        Pour limeade concentrate, tequila, triple sec and soda into large plastic container, and stir to mix. Fill blender with 5 cups crushed ice. Add limeade mixture to ice in blender and blend until slushy. Pour into salt-rimmed Margarita glasses. Garnish with lime slices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Note: Squeeze half a lime into a small bowl with a flat bottom. Dip each glass into the lime juice and then into the margarita salt.

Comment

Sorry, I still can't face a Marguerita after that one night in Juarez, Mexico in 1965. Felt like someone wire-brushed my teeth for 3 days after! I didn't feel anything that was good for the first two days....

Actually I was thinking more in the line of a buffer, grinder, toolpost grinder, paint mixer...??? Anybody converted a blender at all?

Did I mention that this one was really shiney?

Comment

Does a blender motor go fast enough to build a tool post grinder out of?

Comment

Sounds like you just need to make a gear box and valhalla, you have a Power X, or Y, or Z feed for your mill.

-3Ph

Comment

I like the feed idea. You could have different speeds like CHOP, WHIP and PUREE...

------------------
                Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
                Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Well not exactly shop related, but you could take apart the motor, use the rotor and rewind it into a 1.5KW brushless electric motor for model airplane use. I have a friend out in Norway who is doing it.

Comment

Is it a genuine "Bassmatic"?

Comment

Slightly off topic...but I was soooo proud of the wife using a beater in my cordless drill to mix grout....all on her OWN!!!
                      If I got it right first time,everytime....I\'d have a real job!

Comment

I gave one of my employees a nice cordless drill for a wedding gift this past summer .Trouble was I never saw it on the jobsite for about a month 'cause they were using it to mix pancake batter at breakfast.
                        Rich

Comment

Working...
                        X