Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Bodies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dead Bodies

    I get out of my truck at Alexandria, VA and I swear I smell dead bodies. And I know what they smell like. Over 3 decades ago I spent several years on safari in SE Asia and there were plenty of them there to smell. I'm thinking that just like volcanic ash the odor half a world away is being picked up by the jet stream and deposited around the globe. Anyone else getting a whiff of this and where are you?

  • #2
    Maybe you ought to talk to the cops. Somebody might of dumped the body of a murder victim. While capitol punishment may not prevent murders the punished won't commit any further ones!
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Spin Doc,
      "While capitol punishment may not prevent murders the punished won't commit any further ones! "

      This only works when you punish the right one! This is something that Judicial system is not really very good at. At least not good enough for something as final as the the death penalty.
      Joe

      Comment


      • #4
        Paul:

        I know what they smell like too. I got a sinus infection once, tricked me. I went around looking under things.

        There again, who knowes. The Jet stream has played tricks before moving critters from place to place.

        Sympathetic nostrils?

        David

        Comment


        • #5
          Js, that is the problem I have with the death penalty. The lack of absolute certainy in some cases. But if we could execute the defense attorney along with the offender we might be on to something. But seriously there are some cases that are so vile and obscene in their offense that the only fair penalty is the ulimate one. Teb Bundy is a good example. Dahmer is an example of someone who should of got the death penalty but couldn't due to Wisconsin's not having it. But he got his just reward in the end
          Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

          Comment


          • #6
            <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spin Doctor:
            Js, that is the problem I have with the death penalty. The lack of absolute certainy in some cases. But if we could execute the defense attorney along with the offender we might be on to something. But seriously there are some cases that are so vile and obscene in their offense that the only fair penalty is the ulimate one. Teb Bundy is a good example. Dahmer is an example of someone who should of got the death penalty but couldn't due to Wisconsin's not having it. But he got his just reward in the end</font>

            Sorry there's nothing fair about capital punishment. If your guilty and get given capital punishment it's just like a get out of jail free card. Keep them in jail make them suffer and repay the community for what they did.

            Anyway only poor people get capital punishment rich people weasel their way out of it. Where I live the last person executed by the state was in 1913 and was banned outrite in 1933. I don't want to see it implemented here ever again..

            See Ya


            Precision takes time.

            Comment


            • #7
              <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Keep them in jail make them suffer and repay the community for what they did.</font>
              If there in jail they stand a chance of escaping, then there later crimes should be on whoevers head didn't finish the job the first time.
              Why should I pay to feed a menace and threat to society??? No lawyer or judge is gonna make some scumbag work to pay back society for his haneous crimes, it would be cruel punishment.
              God only says I have to forgive him, that doesn't mean I can't execute him for his crimes against mankind!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mcruff:
                If there in jail they stand a chance of escaping, then there later crimes should be on whoevers head didn't finish the job the first time.
                Why should I pay to feed a menace and threat to society??? No lawyer or judge is gonna make some scumbag work to pay back society for his haneous crimes, it would be cruel punishment.
                </font>
                While I actually agree with the death penalty in certain cases it actually cost more to put someone to death than to keep them in jail for life. I know that seems silly but it is true. I also think this is one of those topics that can get out of hand and we should probably ditch it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  China has a cost effective system.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ringer,
                    Think about what you're saying. All you are doing is repeating cliche's.
                    "The rich weasel out of it"? Out of 2000 murders a year in New York, in the late '80's, how many of them were committed by the "Rich" ? Puh-leeze !
                    How is death row a "Get out of jail free card?" Know anybody who's been paroled from death row lately ?
                    "Let them suffer"? Richard Speck, who killed 8 nurses in Chicago in 1966, was quoted as saying the following : "If they knew how much fun I was having in here, they'd throw me out."
                    We had a cop killer here in NJ, get out after 27 years of his "Life sentence". What's that sleezeball doing out on the street? Where's the justice in that? If he was dead, would we be having this conversation?
                    I seriously doubt that the justice system is wrong as many times as people think it is. If there are 100 people executed and 3 turn out to be innocent, that's 97 scuzzball's that won't trouble us anymore, isn't it? Right now, some of you reading this are saying "you wouldn't feel that way if, you were innocent and executed". STOP AND THINK ! The chances of me, or anybody on this BBS, for that matter, being convicted of Capital murder are so remote that they may as well be on the moon. Look up the crimminal records of people on death row and you'll find that these people are career criminals, and not first time offenders.
                    Where is the "fairness" of letting killers live, while their victims have no such chance?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I will no longer opine on the fairness of the death penalty. I have gotten into way too many arguements over the years. For anyone who hasn't read the book..."The Chamber" by John Grisham...I highly reccomend it. Granted, it is fiction, but it brings out points on both sides of the arguement. I have spent quite a few years working behind the walls with some of the most hard-core convicts in this country. The sad truth is, I get along better with some of them than I do my co-workers.
                      Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It might be possible Paul, I know when Mt St Helens erupted the ash circled the earth like 6 times I believe. Its strange how you never forget horrible smells. I once lived in a very old farmhouse with a mice problem in the basement. I wont ever forget the smell of the mouse sh!t. I can smell it sometimes in the summer when driving through farmland. I never noticed the smell before I had the problem with mice.
                        Charley

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paulgrandy:
                          I get out of my truck at Alexandria, VA and I swear I smell dead bodies. And I know what they smell like. Over 3 decades ago I spent several years on safari in SE Asia and there were plenty of them there to smell. I'm thinking that just like volcanic ash the odor half a world away is being picked up by the jet stream and deposited around the globe. Anyone else getting a whiff of this and where are you? </font>
                          Are you absolutly sure it was a dead body smell? How many weeks ago was your last shower?

                          -3Ph


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll have to agree with 3 Phase Lightbulb, you might want to take a look under the seat of you truck! Do you have both socks on?? So by the way, do you haul SHEEP in your truck?
                            _____________________________________________

                            I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
                            Oregon Coast

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb:
                              Are you absolutly sure it was a dead body smell? How many weeks ago was your last shower?

                              -3Ph

                              </font>
                              Yeah, them McDonald's farts can smell like festering flesh too - try some real food - Like Carl Jr's $6 burger it has real veggies in it even! (I can only eat two - honest - every 4 hrs.)

                              BTW - My farts smell like fresh cut flowers - no, really they do!

                              [This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 12-31-2004).]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X