X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o/t computer connector/adapter

Hi
    Happy New Year one and all!
    I was given several computer key boards this past week and they have "smaller plugs" then the computers that I am running my lathe and mill with.(These are not usp plugs)
    Is there any ADAPTER to go from the smaller on the keyboard side to the larger for the computer?
    thanking you in advance
    eddie

[This message has been edited by motorworks (edited 01-02-2005).]
    please visit my webpage:
    http://motorworks88.webs.com/

yep.

computer places have them.

peace.
    bill
    ........i dremel. therefore i am..........................

Comment

Eddie,

They should cost a couple bucks. I believe what you are looking for is a PS2 to DIN 5 connector converter. Radioshack, computer stores, electronics stores should all have them. If I knew where mine were I'd drop one in the mail for you.

-Jacob

Comment

The computers that have the larger style keyboard DIN connectors are quite old.

Insead of spending $5-$7 on a keyboard DIN connector converter, you could probably buy another faster computer that has the smaller DIN connector for less than $5.

Hell, I've got a dozzen or so computers lying around collecting dust that have the small DIN connector.

I would suggest have some fun, and replace that computer with something a little newer.

-3Ph

Comment

BAH...

That's what I say to you 3phase

My 486 still runs, doesn't crash, and makes my steppers move fine!

I still like dos more. I accomplish more..can't go play solitaire. Might find myself playing Gorillas or Nibbles for a bit though.

Vintage is best!

Granted...finding parts has gotten a little harder. But when you do find them, they usually only cost a buck!

-Jacob

[This message has been edited by snowman (edited 01-02-2005).]

Comment

GLAD SOMEONE LIKES THE OLD STUFF ALSO.

OLDYS BUT GOODIES.

Comment

BOXES OF OLD COMPUTERS IN MY BASEMENT. MANY OF THEM HAVE NO LOWER CASE TEXT MODE EITHER.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I have about 50 different kinds of computers all running my own embedded realtime operating system. PowerPC based computers, ARM based, MIPS based, SuperH based, 68k, Coldfire, and of course the X86 PC, but also other variants of X86 like National's NS486 (No real mode), and of course the 386ex.

My main hobby is porting my operating system to new processors and architectures.

-3Ph

Comment

What you have is computers with AT style connectors and keyboards with PS2 style connectors. Should be a $1.50 adaptor at most computer shops.

John

------------------
                  Pursue Excellence and the rest will follow.
                  Pursue Excellence and the rest will follow.

Comment

Thanks for all the help
                    I think I have found what I need
                    eddie

ebay # 5151700879

[This message has been edited by motorworks (edited 01-02-2005).]
                    please visit my webpage:
                    http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Ok, but you should still upgrade that computer. Here is a great $5 computer and you can still use your PS2 to AT keyboard adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...152039785&rd=1

-3Ph

Comment

Working...
                      X