No announcement yet.

Broken Digital Readout Encoder...Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Digital Readout Encoder...Help?

One of my encoders on my Digital Readout stopped working. I pulled the encoder apart and noticed that the light that shines on the glass scale has burnt out. I think that's the only problem because if I shine a strong light onto the encoder manually with a flashlight, the Digital Readout picks up some "gitter". Does anyone know if I can buy a replacement light bulb? It's a very small light about the size of a small LED, but it's much brighter than an LED so an LED wouldn't work as a replacement.

Thanks,

-3Ph

ebay search for 5000 mcp (micro-candle-power) and above these are so intence that you cant look into them. you will or maybe have to measure the voltage that go's to the excisting light and put in resistors to make it equal to it .
    failing that search anywhere ...there are still minature bulbs in some keyrings that are not leds.
    all the best...mark
    all the best.mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 12-24-2004).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aboard_epsilon:
      ebay search for 5000 mfp and above these are so intece that you cant look into them. you will or maybe have to measure the voltage that go's to the excisting light and put in resistors to make it equal to it .
      failing that search anywhere ...there are still minatures bulbs in some keyrings that are not leds.
      all the best...mark
      all the best.mark
      </font>
      Thanks Mark,

It's a 5v light. I've already tried using an LED w/360 ohm resister and it's just not enough light for the pickup so I think I need a real light.

-3Ph

Comment

I'm going to try this light bulb.. It's not 3 phase, but I hope it will do the job

https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Produ ctDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=126092

-3Ph

[This message has been edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb (edited 12-24-2004).]

Comment

Hi,

If your DRO is MFG'd by Quality Measurement
          then I have some spare bulbs.

Jim

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim Bass:
            Hi,

If your DRO is MFG'd by Quality Measurement
            then I have some spare bulbs.

Jim
            </font>

Yup, it's a QMS 500 scale/reader. The Jameco lights I bought seem to work so far. The reader works, but I've noticed if I move the reader too quickly, the DRO readout goes blank. Seems to work fine If I only move the reader below a certain speed. I'm not sure if this is a result of the light I'm using (It seems brighter than the original), or if there is another problem with my reader.

How much did you want for 1 bulb?

-3Ph

[This message has been edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb (edited 01-02-2005).]

Comment

Hi 3Ph,

E-mail me you address and I will send one to you. I have more than I will ever use.

Yours, Jim

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim Bass:
                Hi 3Ph,

E-mail me you address and I will send one to you. I have more than I will ever use.

Yours, Jim
                </font>

Thanks Jim!

-3Ph

Comment

Working...
                X