Starrett indicatior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starrett indicatior

I recently bought, at a tag sale, a 2" dia Starrett dial indicator, 0-25-0, .250 stroke. I cleaned it up and gave just a smidge of oil; it's smooth as silk. Only trouble is the plastic "crystal" is loose and falls off. Anyone know a good adhesive for this? I paid whole dollar for it, so I want it to be right!
    George

I'd probably try a thin smear of Silicone caulk.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Nah, ya stole it for a dollar!!

Comment

Take it to a watch repair guy. He can make and install a new lexan cover fairly cheap. Or you can send it to Starrett for TLC - they come back just like new! You can order a new cover from Starrett - parts are down right scary in price though.

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 07-19-2002).]

Comment

Super Glue - tack it on. I did this once. Got a starret for free, crystal falling off all the time. Tacked it on three places so I could pry it off if needed.
          CCBW, MAH

Comment

remove chrystal, heat with something (hot water, heat gun) place weight on it and let cool. pop back in place.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions; one of those will work. And Ed, no I didn't steal it, after all I paid fifty cents for the 1-2-3 blocks. There should be more sales like that one.
              George

Comment

Working...
              X