No announcement yet.

Sad end for a lathe, or a promising beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet that southbend will clean up nicely, it will fill the need for a small lathe nicely. I just hope the spindle and bearings in headstock are not rusted...

Comment

I've seen worse for sale at tool dealers. If nothing else make Elninio come and get it.

Dave

Comment

double post

[This message has been edited by Dave Opincarne (edited 01-06-2005).]

Comment

I'd love to have it here to replace my hu flung pu special. I'd also like to have that cast iron lead melting pot.

Comment

That's a nice find. I'd find a workbench for that right away. I see it all painted up and running. It really doesn't look like it has been out very long. It won't look that good if left out though. Grab it!

Comment

Man, you fellers sure didn't feel the same way when I posted a pic of this monster a year or so ago.

Doc.
              Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Doc,
                I see a lump of coal in the rough.

Comment

Sorry Doc,
                  It ain't a Southbend.
                  Some of us just have a soft spot in our hearts (and wallets) for those old Southbends.
                  David from jax

------------------
                  Have gun, will travel.
                  A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doc Nickel:
                    Man, you fellers sure didn't feel the same way when I posted a pic of this monster a year or so ago.

Doc.
                    </font>
                    I must have missed that one Doc. It sure has POTENTIAL .
                    If I was to drag that home it would potentially be the straw that broke the camels back; I would be home alone real quick

cheers, Ken
                    Ken.

Comment

Doc.....

I think you just have a better camera.....got the color of that "red, red, rust" too clearly....maybe there is a reggae song in there somewhere.
                      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Man, That looks like it has a lot of potential. Doesn't look like it's been outside long.

------------------
                        Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
                        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Working...
                        X