yorkshire puddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yorkshire puddings

is anyone interested in the ingredients for the famous yorkshire pudding? im sure you hard working chaps in the u.s would love to compliment your sunday roasts,plus they are dead easy to bake!

bill

Geez...I come here to learn about machine stuff and I get THIS!!!! Well you bet your butt I'd like that. My Mother used to make the best Y-puddin I've ever tasted. My wifes is terrible. Even worse...we have a restaurant here that makes fantastic prime rib...but they make the worse Y-puddin anywhere I'm sure. This way I could take my own!!!
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

here goes,,
      these ingredients will make approx 12 2"x2" yorkies(as we call them)

2 large eggs
      4 desert spoons of plain flour(not self raising)
      pinch of salt
      pinch of pepper
      6 fl oz of water(approx)
      2 fl oz of milk (approx)

cooking instructions(this is the key to success)

bang all ingredients into a mixer, eggs first,then flour ect, 4 very large scoupes of flour the more on the spoon the better, then mix, the mix should run off the spoon freely but not watery, add milk not water to dilute the mix if needed, (to give an idea of the thickness of mix it needs to be as thick as say tinned condenced milk or maybe a bit thicker) place in a baking tray of say 8" for 1 pudding or 12 portion tray (if you have one) place the yorkies in an oven set on the highest setting (dont forget to pre heat first)check them after about 20 mins but close the door of the oven immediatly if not cooked or they may sag. cook till the very tops are slightly darker then the walls of the pudding, and there you have it, its a good idea to make the mix in the morning and left to cool in the fridge all day before cooking.
      let me know how you get on

bill

Comment

Yank sense of humor
        ------------------
        Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga

[This message has been edited by hoffman (edited 01-09-2005).]
        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

nice one hoffman, you got me there mate!

bill

Comment

Okay, my curiosity has gotten the better of me, and I guess I'm going to have to reveal my ignorance here. I gather that the end result is some kind of a little chunk of bread or cake. Given the mention of roast beef, is the "pudding":
            a) Used to sop up the gravy like a biscuit?
            b) Cut in half and used to make little roast beef sandwiches?
            c)None of the above?

Comment

Im trying to figure it out as well, however I did print out the recipe.

Comment

heres an url with a picture of a roast beef and yorkshire pudding dinner, the bun like thing is the yorkie, im sure you will enjoy them. they will be a comliment to your thanksgiving dinner.

http://www.nhspurchasing.com/Brakes/..._york_pudd.jpg

bill

Comment

hoffman
                  isnt homo the bloke of the simpsons?
                  no not me mate im more like barney "bluuurppp"

bill

Comment

billyboy, homo = queer

Comment

Years ago I had an Irish teacher who claimed that Yorkshire pudding was meant to be poured over the top of the roast while it was still baking in the oven, I don't go that far, but I always take a couple spoon fulls of the drippings from the prime rib and put it at the bottom of whatever pan I'm using to bake it. The drippings give wonderful flavor to the pudding and it helps to further lubricate the machinery of the human body. The reason I've heard for yorkshire pudding was to be used as a filler course, a cheap food eaten before the more expensive prime rib or whathaveyou came to the table.

Comment

When I think of pudding, I am thinking of vanilla or chocolate pudding, not a baked good.

Comment

yeh i got the gist of it, i hope hoffman was'nt offended by my brit sence of humour, appologies anyway,, gunna bed now as its 04:45 am in the uk,

bill

Comment

quite rightly stated that a yorkshire pudding is meant to be served before a main meal but it is meant to be filled with the gravy stock, it is really a starter dish,,

bill

p.s it was'nt my idea to offer the yorkshire pudding recipe, it was our lasses, she thought it would be nice for you all to compliment your thanksgiving dinners with it,,,strictly engineering talk from me from now on.

Comment

thank you for the recipe, I am going to try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X