5c collet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5c collet

Am custom designing another machine. Does any one have a source for the dimensions of the 5c or 3j collet.
    Tried Machineries Handbook-learned alot about things I didn't know existed, nothing about dimensions to bore a spindle to hold a collet.
    Matt

This should hepl somewhat.

http://www.cox-internet.com/drspiff/...Collets.htm#ER
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for.Thanks
      Matt

Comment

Try this one for the 5C, it has a little more info.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/_200...dimensions.jpg
        Ed Pacenka

Comment

How is it that a manual as big and expensive as Machinery's Handbook can fill 20 to 50 pages on a subject and never give you the actual, useful information you need?

How is it?

Paul A.
          Paul A.

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Yeah, I could give muliple instances where after hours of searching I just found another way to get what I needed. I do use my machinists ready reference and of course a three ring binder with notes, unfortunately it has about the same index as the Machinists Handbook.
            Matt

Comment

Machinery's Handbook Edition 25, pages 966-968 Collets for Lathes, Mills, grinders and Fixtures.

Dimensions for collets, including R-8. No included angle, but they do have dimensions to bore spindle, which is the desired information.
              Jim H.

Comment

Unfortunatly I only have the 22nd edition. As an old toolmaker once told me "who ya gonna believe, me or something thats been revised 20 times"
                Matt

Comment

Working...
                X