The shape of the shaper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shape of the shaper...

Well, I got my little Logan 8 up to speed. Had to put a smaller motor pulley to get the low speed down to the slowest 30 strokes a minute that it's supposed to run. Lost a little speed on the top end but it's plenty fast for me. Overall it's in great shape. The scrape marks are uniform throughout the ways and it's really tight. Has a US navy plaque and a USAF tag on it. Don't think it's seen much use but I hope to change that. Got a little Kearney & Trecker vice with no jaws...

------------------
    Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
    Techno-Anarchist

So you going to make the jaws with the shaper?

Be safe

Comment

US Georgia boys are kicking butt. I got plenty done around here too. Congrats on your progress.

You know that paint-line track I bought? I put up another piece. It makes the greatest sliding door track you ever saw.. Better'n duct tape I tell ya. I got it over all the machines now except the shaper and old lathe, they are next. It'll tote 500 lbs easy.

Repaired the plasma cutter, it just had rust in it. It works great now (been using the heck outa it). I got the Cnc mills "keyboard emulator panel cut out of mirror stainless, bent up a box today, will install the joystick and buttons tomorrow sometime. Finished up the Powered slip roll. I mounted the relays. And tried it out.

Tomorrow perhaps I can finish up the homemade tubing bender and get started on the Scanner probe again.

This weekend? I am building a power hammer attachment for the english wheel frame, doing some more mods on it, and a circle cutter, follows a plywood pattern hopefully. Then off to work on the frustrating punch press dies some more. I need to repair a junk belt sander to polish them slick. Any die marks under 40 tons pressure comes out in the metal. (need one thing to fix another) I need my shaper running too. Still got the feeds all to heck on it.

(I got electrical tape holding in the blood in three fingers) Geeze.. them sheetrock screws are heck on fingers. (rubber strips around new doors)

The shop automation is still waiting on me to catch up.

If it was easy, everyone would have a cheap easy to work in homeshop. One bite at a time. That's how you eat a elephant, start at the trunk bite, chew slowly, if you don't like the taste it leaves in your mouth start at the other end next time. HA..
      (they upped my mediciene three times now) I am almost back to normal. Wide open.

When ya gonna get up this way?
      David

Comment

Yep, probably make the jaws on the shaper. Just gotta round up some stock...
        Yea Dave you gotta heap goin' on. I'm gonna holler at you when I get back to the quill feed project. I just want to get the shaper fixed up so I can put her where she's gonna live instead of in the middle of the shop. I got a real mess...
        I friggin' need a plasma cutter for this little project I'm working on. Just don't have the $$ for one. Sawzall makes a lot of racket.

------------------
        Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Hoffman:

Did you know a bumblebee can fly because no bumblebee has been to college to learn that it is a impossibility to fly with thier limited wingarea and beats per minute.

That is the way I feel. I was welding on the bender, I noticed I was holding the front of the rod with my fingers. I said, self.. that gets hot, raised my hood to see the redhot rod in my fingers. I said I can't be holding no redhotrod with my ungloved fingers. I quit for a moment went outside into the sunlight, no burns, no marks on my fingers.

Now ain't that another bumblebee. I have never been to college either.

Up to my armpits, each thing completed opens a door that opens a door and turns "junk" into valuable shop resources. The plasma cutter sped up three jobs yesterday. It is old but still works and you can still buy consumables for it. I have no manual Just kinda working by feel to repair it. Blowed off the circuit boards, cleaned out the regulator full of rust, took off the tip and blowed the lines out. And dog gone it., it works.

I have a 3phase one sitting outside in the weather, it'll cut 2" metal is what the workers in the plant said. It was used daily. It has been sitting outside for a year now.

About to freeze, time for coffee and medciene. Wish my shaper was running, you did good. I need to make two dovetail slots to mount the heavy bender and dies.

David

Comment

Working...
          X