VFD Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFD Update

Well I just completed the bench test on my new VFD. The Manual that came with the Hitachi drive is amazing! Athough the capabilities of this thing is far past my needs. And these capabilities are reflected in the size of the manual, I was actually able to understand how to program the thing.
    A real kick turning the little pot on the VFD and watching the motor shaft!
    I still have to mount the motor on my mill drill. I would be interested in what "gear in" speed experienced users have found best to minimize future belt movement.
    Thanks to all for the initial advice I received before I bought the gear.
    jim

Well, my mill has a two-speed motor. Normally I leave it set on the low speed and leave the belt set so the VFD will give me speeds from about 260 rpm to 1550 rpm. (That's 10 Hz to 60 Hz frequency.) That seems to cover "normal" use. If I'm using a boring head I'll shift the belt down so I can get slower speeds, or if I'm using teeny end mills I'll switch to high motor speed to get me up to about 3500 rpm. I could probably reset the VFD so it goes up to 120Hz, then I would never need to change the motor speed switch.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Working...
    X