Readers'Tip Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Readers'Tip Book

Well I quickly glanced at the board to see if anyone had commented on this and I didn'tsee anything,so here goes. The tip book came today. Thanks to Craig Foster, HSM and all the people who contributed. The book looks great, and somehow Craig was able to clean up my crummy digital pictures so they looked pretty good. There's only one problem, My mom wants a copy and there isn't any place in the book to order one that I can see.(I don't think she is going to start machining anything ) Will this be sold seperately or will this be a supplement to HSM? Thanks Again Craig

Matt

It was in the ad for books in this issue of HSM. I haven't recieved mine yet
    Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

Neil said the RTB code will be added to the online store but that event has not happened yet. Hurry up Neil, I want to spend some money.

------------------
      Neil Peters
      Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

Comment

The Reader's Tips Book looks great. Craig did a wondeful job managing this project. I've pulled some wonderful ideas out of it already.

George

Comment

I ordered one a couple days ago by simply calling the Village Press phone number(800-327-7377) and requesting one. Can't wait to get it.

Comment

Got my tip book in the mail today and I was very pleased with the look and layout.
            I had forgotten how many great tips where selected for this book.

------------------
            Paul G.
            Paul G.

Comment

Paul, can you give us a quick run down for the poeple who haven't recieved or ordered on yet.
              Number of pages, number of tips etc.

I have been promised one but here is a delay in getting stuff from the States to the UK.
              We are sending stuff UK to US by air in 4 to 7 days with no problems.
              Just got a box of thread measuring wires mid week sent on the 16th of December from WI.
              Another box sent 18th still hasn't got here yet.
              Must be uphill.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Talked to Neil today at the Cabin Fever show. Later I inquired about the Tips book and was informed that the best way to obtain one was to call Village Press. The telephone number was posted in this thread.
                The show was great and it was a pleasure to meet the group again. Thank you Cecil for organizing it and Polski Fran for the project prints.

Comment

I just got my copy in the mail today. It is 52 pages long with color pictures throughout.
                  There are something like 106 tips from 29 contributors, plus a couple of how-to type articles. There seems to be an inordinate number of tips authored by some fellow named "Stevenson", so there is a question of credibility to the content.

Does anyone know what the selling price is?

Comment

Nevermind. I looked in the HSM magazine and the cost is $9.95 plus $3.00 shipping.

800-447-7367, Product code RTB.

Comment

HiGuy's , Can some one be so kind to advise me of E-Mail address where I may order a copy of this Book & have it Air-Mailed to Australia????
                      Also cost of same would be appreciated.

Many Thanks, Best Regards. Jack.Erskine.
                      www.jackerskine.com

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StephenK:
                        Talked to Neil today at the Cabin Fever show. Later I inquired about the Tips book and was informed that the best way to obtain one was to call Village Press. The telephone number was posted in this thread.
                        The show was great and it was a pleasure to meet the group again. Thank you Cecil for organizing it and Polski Fran for the project prints.
                        </font>

Why wasn't it on sale at the show ?
                        seems like a missed oppertunity.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

To Joels reply I would add that the tips are arranged in 4 catagories, 1&gt;Lathe Tips, 2&gt;Mill, Drills, and other tool tips, 3&gt;Shop organization, 4&gt;Potpourri Tips.
                          For what is contained in this book I think the price is a givaway.

------------------
                          Paul G.
                          Paul G.

Comment

To all,

Thanks for the kind words about the tipsbook! Its really nice to know that it turned out well and to everyone's expectations.

John,
                            I couldn't get back to the warehouse in time to sign the book for you. How about an 8 x 10 instead? We took twenty copies of the book with us to the show, and sold out of them in a matter of four hours, and placed orders for many more Very successful show for us.

The number for ordering the book is 800-447-7367. There should also be ads for it in recent issues of the magazines.

Thanks again, and enjoy

Comment

There is a guy selling reprints of "old articles" from "Home Shop Machinists" on ebay. He keeps on selling them. Must be a lucrative business. You can't keep selling if people quit buying.

I thought they were copyrighted? DO a search.

David.

Comment

Working...
                              X