steped pullies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steped pullies

does anyone know where I can find some step pullies they are for a wood lathe
    Matt in AK

When I was a kid, there used to be a TV show called JP Patches- he was a clown, who lived in the City Dump, and showed cartoons. Anyway, whenever it was someones birthday, he would always tell them to look in the dryer for their present.
    So you might look there.
    But more realistically, get out the yellow pages and look under
    "electric motors"
    Most places that sell electric motors have pulleys, or know where to get them.
    Mail order, there are lots of places- WW Grainger is one, which also has stores in most places in the US. In fact, unless you live in West Overshoe ND, there is probably a grainger somewhere near you.

Comment

I bought my last set at grainger, I had to have a matched pair to turn opposing each other. It gave me plenty of speed reduction on the antique craftsman lathe. I mounted a buffer on the mandrel/shaft/bearings the pulleys were on and used it more than the lathe..

David

sorry, didn't post the link.. www.grainger.com is thier catalog/website

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 01-21-2005).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
        I bought my last set at grainger, I had to have a matched pair to turn opposing each other. It gave me plenty of speed reduction on the antique craftsman lathe. I mounted a buffer on the mandrel/shaft/bearings the pulleys were on and used it more than the lathe..

David

sorry, didn't post the link.. www.grainger.com is thier catalog/website

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 01-21-2005).]
        </font>

[This message has been edited by egpace (edited 01-21-2005).]
        Ed Pacenka

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by egpace:
          [B]

I agree, Grainger's is the place. I've seen used ones go on ebay for twice the Grainger price!

Ed
          Ed Pacenka

Comment

If Grainger is weird about selling to you (they used to sell only to a "business," not to individuals, I don't know if they've loosened up or not), you might try McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com or MSC www.mscdirect.com
            ----------
            Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
            Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
            Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
            There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
            Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
            Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

thanks for the help I will check their site, I live about 200 miles from Anchorage Ak which is the only town that might have them, the middle of nowhere lol
              Matt in AK

Comment

Working...
              X