Harig Spin Jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harig Spin Jig

I have a new harig spin jig. I wish to make a motor drive for it. Im sick of manually spinning it while grinding punches for weeks at a time. It should spin at 100 RPM. Any ideas on how to do this cheap and nice. Thanx a lot.

check out the surplus places like C&H sales, the have lots of small gear head motors that should work for this.

Comment

Hi Madman
      I built my shaft grinding fixture using a sewing machine motor and a large "O" ring for a belt,something like this should work for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gfixture-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ingfixture.jpg

Regards
      Ivy McNeil

Comment

I got some 75 rpm synchronous motors laying about, They are supposed to drive the sewing fabric across a industrial sewing machine. You need a capacitor and resistor to make them go. They are reversible. Stalling them out does not hurt them.

bad news, they are 250oz power. If that is not enough well..

I did the torch cutting circles thing the other day, used a expensive inverter, 3ph motor w/ 0.431 rpm output .. NOW you can listen to the birds while that thing is coming around.. BUT, I put a plug on the dropcord for the inverter/speed control and foot switch for the next project..

Email me if I can help with one of the small motors. I want one on my knee on my mill. Up/down.. Trying to figure out how to tell the computer how to run it up and down and remember where it is thou. Hate to buy another chinese scale..

David

Comment

Ivy
          Looks good - excellent idea too - the sewing machine motors are easy to contol and cheap as dirt. Not too water tight, but if you are careful that is not a problem.

Nicely done!

Comment

Thanks Thrud I built it to grind bearing journals on model engine crankshafts .

Ivy

Comment

Ivy Mc Neil your fixture is very nice. I like your design, simple and very nicely made. I am going to use a cogged type belt and pulley arrangement to prevent slippage. Some of the punches I grind have a Lot of time in them. Nothing worse than finally finishing something and bunging it up at the last finish op. LOL I have had the pleasure of all types of screwups but thats how you learn, You guys are awesome dudes. Thankyou all. Time to shut er down up at 6 am for more work. Take care all. Madman

Comment

Working...
              X