Cats and Concrete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats and Concrete

How do they know? It must be some instinctive thing. I swear, every time we pour concrete, there are cat footprints through it the next day.

How do they know?

Honest, all us builder guys swore not to tell anyone, especially any cats... but sure enough, the very next day, little footprints told the tale.

(personally I find it hilarious. Look forward to my next life as a cat and walking through all kinds of concrete, everywhere!)

Thats cause the concrete workers lure the poor little rascals near them with bits of tuna from there sandwich. Then when the cat is close enough they grab it quickly with gloves on and hurl it onto the freshly poured slab. A cat being a cat will automatically land on its feet and quickly scamper away unharmed. The truth is out.

Comment

And I thought I was the only one with the problem. I am making a concrete and brick BBQ.

I poured the top, made it nice and smooth and the next day there were these little divits (paw prints) all over. Bastage had to jump five feet or so too. JRouche
      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Haven't you guys ever done concrete before? Jeez, I thought everyone knew that the proper place for cats is UNDER the concrete.

Comment

you need to put a sunroof in the middle of the concrete. i heard that takes care of them.

andy b.
          The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

How do you get the cats to pour the concrete - those bags are heavy!

--jr
            dvideo

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJorgensen:
              Haven't you guys ever done concrete before? Jeez, I thought everyone knew that the proper place for cats is UNDER the concrete.</font>

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJorgensen:
                Haven't you guys ever done concrete before? Jeez, I thought everyone knew that the proper place for cats is UNDER the concrete.</font>
                No, the proper place for cats in in front of my 12 gauge.

Paul A.
                Paul A.

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Paul,

you get a better explosion with a 7mm magnum. also, it requires a little more skill to make them explode.

do you know what a sail cat is?

a cat that got on the freeway and got run over. couple of cars, couple of trucks. gets them nice and flat. then they kind of dry in the sun and you can pick 'em up and sail 'em like the lids on paint cans.

you are aware of course that we are less than politically correct and are gonna catch a lot of crap because of what we have said here.

so be it.

peace.
                  bill

on edit: forgot to say:

HOLLOW POINTS RULE.

peace.
                  bill

[This message has been edited by billr (edited 01-20-2005).]
                  ........i dremel. therefore i am..........................

Comment

The idea is to have a well trained cement dog patrolling the perimeter that surrounds the concrete, because as we all know a dog can be trained and cats can't.
                    With the properly trained cement dog there is almost a 100% gaurantee that the concrete will not suffer from 'cat paw print'.

Billr, sail cats are also known as 'flat cat flip flaps' and can be worn in winter as a cheap substitute for slippers.

Gotta go, the PC police are at the door again

cheers, Ken
                    Ken.

Comment

Additional suggestions available here.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

PAUL, BILL,

PETA WILL BE CONTACTING YOU IN PERSON.

YOU WILL SOON HAVE PROTESTERS ON YOUR SIDEWALK, AND THAT WILL BE THE ONES YOU SEE.

REGARDS ,
                        A CAT LOVER.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by speedy:
                          because as we all know a dog can be trained and cats can't.</font>
                          Can you train a dog to use a litter box?

Personally, I think a Dog is dumb if it does what I tell it to do.. My cats know better than to listen to what I tell them.

-3Ph

Comment

Evan,

rotflmao.

my sister 'has cats'. some years ago i gave her a copy of that book for christmas. she was less than amused.

being single, i kind of wish i liked cats better because all the women seem to have them. at least the ones i have been able to meet. cats make me sneeze. they are also sneaky and lick their own butts. i find that to be pretty disgusting. almost as disgusting as Ken's suggestion about the slippers. at least no one could tell if your feet smelled.

i never saw any cats in vietnam. lotsa rats. no cats. i think they are a delicacy there.

i think maybe we are digressing.

peace.
                            bill
                            ........i dremel. therefore i am..........................

Comment

CATS ALWAYS LAND ON THEIR FEET?

1) It's a known fact that if you drop a cat upside down from a height it will always right itself land on it's feet.

2) Another well known fact is that if you drop a piece of buttered bread it will invariably land butter side down.

Now if we strap a piece of bread to the cat's back, butter side up and then drop the cat, will these indisputable laws of nature cause the cat to perpetually spin in mid air just above the ground?

(Or at least until Paul arrives with his 12 gauge)
                              Ed Pacenka

Comment

Working...
                              X