Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated groups

Just got to have a vent~#+=$آ£%^

I can understand having moderated groups to stop spamming and keep on topic but what use is a group that won't let you post on the subject the group is for ?

A friend of mine uses DeskCNC and there is a user support group run by Fred Smith of IMServ fame.

http://www.imsrv.com/discus/messages...tml?1038591537

This group is needed because the book that comes with the software is very lacking in detail.
    Three times now I have asked a question to try and sort out my friend but it can't make it past the moderator, Fred, to get a reply.
    My friends questions have also been left half answered.

Unlike a lot of discussion groups where other users help out it seems as that much is held back on this group as to make everyone rely on the moderator.
    Is this some kind of control fix ?

It seems as others besides my friend are having problems that so far are unanswered and unresolved.

End of rant ~+_$%^&

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 01-22-2005).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Who is Fred?
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

What not just use email to correspond?

-SD:

Comment

So start your own group like this one.

kap

Comment

This is what happens when you toss those kinds of cookies out....

--jr
          dvideo

Comment

Definitely, start a new group.

Paul A.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kap pullen:
            So start your own group like this one.

kap
            </font>
            Paul A.

Make it fit.
            You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

It is probably something inadvertent or just technically screwed up. I can't imagine him locking you out. Unless his world is too small for two experts on the same board.

Spence

Comment

I would stay clear away from groups that have ego maniacs as mods. I know of one message board by the author of some crappy computer game who will ban you the first time you ask a question that could of been answered in the archives. Actually he has his 2 ass kissing SS troopers do that.

Comment

We should once again give thanks to Neil for allowing us to express ourselves in clear, unambiguous english that is appropriate for a given topic. Den

Comment

John. is desk CNC a sponser of the site? Maybe they don't want to PO a sponser.

Comment

Spence,
                      I'm no expert and have never tried to be one.

What prompted this was I was helping a friend to cut a large ring gear with Fred Smiths program DeskCNC.
                      I asked whether looping had been brought in with subroutines as in a post on his own forum he stated it was immenent to creep in shortly [ his words ].

This would have cut a 500 odd line excel program down to 6 or 7 in the native controller.

Having been ignored three times I had a rant on a couple of groups.
                      From what should have been a simple reply to a simple request I got shat on from a great hight.
                      Accused of whining and being lazy this is what I recieved.

"The forum you refer to is a user support forum. It's not a blog and
                      it sure is not a place for whiners to post anonymously.

The subroutine documentation and usage is clearly poosted for those
                      that are not too lazy to click the search button, and looping has
                      been discussed as a future capability, it has NOT been promised as a
                      close-in addition.

It's my sand box. Play by my rules or stay out."

I had already done a search to find the original reference to looping being implimented shortly.

Various posts followed, none in a good frame.

I feel he's shot himself in the foot over this one.
                      Just a simple answer to a simple question would have prevented all this.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rustybolt:
                        John. is desk CNC a sponser of the site? Maybe they don't want to PO a sponser.</font>

DeskCNC is written by Carken software and Fred Smith is the sales agent for it and handles support.
                        He also handles support and NA sales for Vector CAM.

If you ask the wrong sort of question on the forums you either don't get it posted or get it deleted.

I couldn't see anything wrong with the question I asked.

John S.

Comment

Geez! Who pissed in his sand box? Think he needs a little stress relief. Keep smiling John.

John.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zl1byz:
                            Geez! Who pissed in his sand box? Think he needs a little stress relief. Keep smiling John.

John.
                            </font>

What was that imortal line in "Good Morning Vietnam" ?

Never in the field of human conflict has anyone deserved a blow job like this ?

EDIT: Found it
                            http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=1665&view=1

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 01-22-2005).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Stevenson:

DeskCNC is written by Carken software and Fred Smith is the sales agent for it and handles support.
                              He also handles support

John S.
                              </font>
                              And perhaps Fred also handles himself just a wee bit too often John.
                              maybe he takes himself far too seriously.
                              cheers, Ken

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 01-23-2005).]
                              Ken.

Comment

Working...
                              X