Scope Reticles Needing Realignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope Reticles Needing Realignment

I have a Beeman air rifle, with a Beeman scope on it. Sometime between last year and this year something happened to it and now the cross hairs form a diagonal X rather than vertical and horizontal cross.

It's a variable power scope, and turning neither the eyepiece end or the other end has any effect on the cross hairs, nor does adjusting the windage or elevation screws, that I can tell. How do I go about fixing that? If I completely unscrew that front end (not the eyepiece) is it all going to fall out into my lap? Is this a simple fix? ...Or something best left alone if you don't know what you're doing?
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

The reticules are located at the elevation and windage adjustment screws. The middle of the scope.

A few special tools are needed to get in there. If you are asking these questions, I bet it's not worth your trouble to try and fix the scope. It was cheaply made to begin with.

There are lots of inexpensive scopes. I've got a Barska fixed 4X on my CO2 rodent control rifle. I bought used (ebay) for $20.
    Walmart is a source, as well,

If it's a spring powered rifle. YOU MUST HAVE A spring powered rifle capable scope, or else the reticule will bump loose ;-)

LEAPERS "Bug Buster" line has some at a price point you might like.

Check listings from "Optics Planet" Or Natcheze Shooters and then shop around .

Comment

Thanks Cal. That's kinda' what I figured. It stands to reason the reticules would be positioned where the adjustment screws are. I guess it was a silly question to even ask.

I'll take your advice, and look for another scope. Thanks again.
      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Beema...ce_mounts/5577

Comment

Pyramid Air is a great airgun outlet. I've bought from them many times. Service is very good, real people.

BUT...

If the scope doesn't specify "Springer Compatible", It's not.

Comment

The word is "reticle", guys. The thread title is correct, but you are spelling it wrong in the messages.

Comment

Originally posted by andywander View Post
              The word is "reticle", guys. The thread title is correct, but you are spelling it wrong in the messages.
              You are so right!

Because Latin is just so wrong. Must be, It killed all the Romans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reticle

Note carefully the "or" statement of the first line

I despise grammar police work.

Comment

I was mainly posting the link as a reference rather than a product to purchase, but in hindsight I should have put the "air rifle use" caution in there ... do the piston type require the same precaution? Jim

Comment

Originally posted by andywander View Post
                  Should'a stuck with my first choice. When I typed it, "reticle" looked right, but then when I saw "reticule" that looked even righter.

I think it was Mark Twain who, in so many words, cited only knowing one way to spell a word as a weakness.
                  Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Working...
                  X