Before chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before chips

I'm going to cut the finger groves (I think that's the right term ) trying to get the Center of the chambers in the cylinder Tapered pins in the chambers 1&2with a level on top probably too big a level the other photo is the quill on the scale perhaps it should be a needle Point instead of a square end option c a Center in the tree jaw and Center in the chuck
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

The term finger grooves works for me. The high sections would be “flutes” as in “ a fluted cylinder.“ I would indicate off the pins, first to insure that the chambers are both dead square to the cutting plane, then determine the center by measuring the outside distance of the pins and dividing that dimension by two for the centerline of that groove. Not showing you how to suck eggs, but there are ways to do this if you dont have dial indicators but do have a caliper, a drill rod and a feeler gauge or shim stock.

Comment

Now why didn't I think of that it's so obvious (Don't answer that) sorry about the late response I broke my shoulder and repair surgery and physio has kept me occupied and out of the shop hope to back into it later this week thanks Ironbearmarine stay safe

Comment

In response to your first post... yes, you should use a pointed tool when you are centering on a curved surface using a scale. The point will push the scale down on the low side. The flat ended tool will keep the scale level even when it's a bit off center.
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
        X