No announcement yet.

Itch for a 17 cal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dons: Thanks for the additional info. My 1906 is chambered for LR. I think the little pumps that were for 22 shorts were intended for carnival shooting galleries. I have seen some 1890's (hex or octagon barrels, not sure which) that had a groove cut in the rifleing near the end of the barrel to destroy its accuracy. they were also intended for the carnival business. Not sure if they were done so, at Winchester or by aftermarket shops. You have a good point about being possible to re-sleeve from 17 HM2 to 22 LR if ammo got difficult to obtain. Also thanks about the tip about CE Harris, will check it out.

Sarge41

Comment

As an up-date, I was looking around on Brownells and the 17 HM2 barrel liners seemed to be unobtainiam.

Sarge41

Comment

I was looking at CZ452 rifles years ago and on impulse got one in 17HM2. It is the absolute most accurate rimfire rifle I have ever shot. When the ammo looked to be going obsolete, I purchased Several thousand rounds. The ammo now seems more readily available than ever and I see these rifle selling quickly for what I consider ridiculous prices. But I have one and aint selling. Also have a 452 in .22 rimfire and consider it a fine rifle as well. These have blued steel and European walnut stock, just like REAL guns!

Comment

Working...
        X