.35 Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .35 Remington

Hi Guys I bought a Model 141 in .35 Remington. Its a Pump Action with the ability to shoot pointed bullets safely. Old thing, I cant find ammo for it any ideas? Also the stock has a crack in it but ...I dont know if it is repairable? Its a slight one inch long crack behind the receiver, Also the originall factory sights suck any recomendations for something better to use on it ? Thanx Mike

Hornady Leverevolution has a pointy bullet for the 35 Rem -- if you can find it. Realistically the better BC won't make any difference at iron sight distances. Dunno what the ammo situation is like these days because I haven't purchased storebought ammo for 30 years, but Midway shows "out of stock" on 35 Rem ammo. Also out of stock on brass. Sigh.

A good epoxy for the crack ?

Comment

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/rifle-ammo-35-remington

Comment

My son has a .225 Winchester and has trouble finding ammo or brass. After some digging, we were told the manufacturers tend to run the less popular stuff at certain times of the year to fill capacity. Since the past few years have been consumed with common calibers like 5.56mm, 9mm, .40, etc., they spent less time on older rounds with low demand. That means you may find .35 Rem at some point during the year but it gets bought up pretty quickly. I'd look around all year long then buy up all you can find (and start reloading if you don't already).

And I'd probably put a receiver sight and gold bead on it - good for most anything within its effective range.

Comment

.35 rem. is one of the seasonal run calibers. so there are two ways to have some when they run it buy a years supply or hand load.

Comment

Place an order at a REAL gun shop. Season is coming up.
            That's another ona them thar brush gun kaliburrz in the south. .
            Be careful out there

Comment

Still a goodly number of Marlin 336s chambered .35 Remington in the hands of Eastern deer hunters. They won't give 'em up; it's one of the best "brush guns" ever made. Also was a fairly popular round for the Contender crowd. Ammo is getting harder to find. Its' major problem is that the base diameter of the brass is unique - they have to change more tooling in the draw process to make it. Worst comes to worst, brass can be made by machining the rim off .30-40 Krag cases. The .35 Rem. is one number that custom loaders will take up if the factories quit making it, IMHO. It's just too darned useful. Personally I like the 200 grain round-nose loading best. I also load a 158 grain Keith semi-wadcutter for plinking.

Comment

My favorite deer gun is a Reminton 760 with a Weaver scope, All probably from the '50s.

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                  My favorite deer gun is a Reminton 760 with a Weaver scope, All probably from the '50s.
                  Mine too, it's from 1953. I slicked up the action and shortened the barrel to 16", and run a suppressor on it for hunting. They are sweet little woods guns, and the 35 Remington is just about perfect. It's small enough to work really well with subsonic loads too.

Comment

Since we're all home shop machinists here, right guys?, you could in a pinch take .303 British cases and turn off the rim, cut an extractor groove, shorten the case and form it in a .35 Remington die set, then ream the case neck. The reason I mention this is because the case head just in front of the rim on the .303 is within the same nominal diameter range as the .35 just forward of the extractor groove. I know this because years ago I thought about building a single shot rifle in .35 Remington Rimmed...a cartridge that never existed. Unfortunately, I let that action go in a trade for something I needed more at the time, and the project never got off the ground.
                    David Kaiser
                    “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
                    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by 38_Cal View Post
                      Since we're all home shop machinists here, right guys?, you could in a pinch take .303 British cases and turn off the rim, cut an extractor groove, shorten the case and form it in a .35 Remington die set, then ream the case neck. The reason I mention this is because the case head just in front of the rim on the .303 is within the same nominal diameter range as the .35 just forward of the extractor groove. I know this because years ago I thought about building a single shot rifle in .35 Remington Rimmed...a cartridge that never existed. Unfortunately, I let that action go in a trade for something I needed more at the time, and the project never got off the ground.
                      Another possibility, if you can't find Krag cases.

Comment

Some guys are also just forming them from 308 brass, and sizing the body and base down.

Although in many actions it would make more sense to just rechamber to 356 or 358 Winchester if you couldn't get 35 Remington brass anymore. 356 Win for low pressure actions like Marlin's 336, and 358 Win for the Remington 760.

Comment

Try AMMOSEEK .35 Rem

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/35-remington

They seem to be available.

Comment

Cabela's has 35 rem Leverevelution in stock online and when I've been in the store I've seen additional brands.

Comment

When I went they were sold out , Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X