pacific tool and guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacific tool and guage

about the 21 st of January I placed an order with pacific tool and guage. all three items appear to be out of stock. all attemps by e-mail to ask about possible shipping date, have gon unanswered. they don't appear to be monitoring their e-mail. has any one on this forum dealt with this company and ever had difficulty with communication? doug from cold lake.

I live less than 100 miles from Pacific Tool and Gauge. All my dealings phone or email have been very satisfactory. There has been a couple of large power outages in this time frame.
    Pacific Tool & Gauge
    675 Antelope Rd,
    White City, OR 97503
    Call us: (541) 826-5808
    Email: [email protected]
    Fax Number: (541) 826-5304

Fax: (541) 826-5304

Hours 7-4 Monday Friday Pacific time

Comment

I have dealt with them for a very long time. They have, and still it appears, to be going through serious growing pains. At one time you could call and talk with someone that actually new a little bit about the business. Now, you get put on hold and you might get a proper answer when they return. I have bought brand new reamers that wouldn't cut a chamber, but they did replace it, sent it out before I could get the one I had in the mail back to them.

I think the next reamer I get I'll have to go to JGS or Manson. They may be a bit more, but the chances of getting what you want and that it will cut properly is much better.

Comment

I've had spotty results by email. Sometimes good, sometimes no reply. Phone is the more reliable method.

Comment

/thanks for the replies. it seems that others have experienced similar failures to communicate. however, it is reassuring that they have been in business for a long time. if I am patient, my order will eventuly be fulfilled. ( one reamer,reamer micrometer attch,,and a floating reamer holder)

Comment

Apparently not a great place to work either.
            https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Pacific-Tool-&-Gauge/reviews

Comment

Once interviewed for a job there, phone interview only. Notified a week later that the company had sold and the new owner had a relative to put in the shop manager's position that I had interviewed for.

Comment

Originally posted by ulav8r View Post
                Once interviewed for a job there, phone interview only. Notified a week later that the company had sold and the new owner had a relative to put in the shop manager's position that I had interviewed for.
                How long ago was this? I never heard David Kiff sold out. Back when he started his business, I spoke with him often. His company grew so fast, the quality and customer service went downhill fast.

Comment

I think about 2004. Who knows if they told me the truth.

Comment

Two years ago I ordered a .22 K Hornet reamer from Pacific Tool. Said it was in stock. Waited, waited, waited. Call finally got thru and I was told that it was never in stock, and was scheduled to run "in a couple of weeks". Waited, waited, waited. Another call a month later, "Oh, they forgot to run it". That B.S. went on and on and on. SIX MONTHS later I got the reamer. Never again! I call Dave Manson now. Even customs he gets to me in 30 days or less. Always answers inquiries same day or next.

Comment

I get Manson reamers. They are the best I've found. Tried to use Clymer reamers that wouldn't cut worth a darn. No more Clymer for me.

Comment

I too have have had many bad experiences. I have since sent my business to JGS and Manson. It had gotten to the point that reamers wouldn't cut and I was made to wait several months before getting replacement reamers. They lost several orders, re-ordered and called to make certain they received the orders. They assured me that they received my orders but orders were NEVER filled. Ordered several REM 700 bolts and all the holes were packed with sand. Several customers were livid! My problems began in 2015 and culminated the first of 2018.

That's been my experience.

Harold
                        For those having fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
                        Freedom is only one generation away from extinction.

Comment

*well, I finally phoned them and got the expected confusion and runaround. the best explanation for the delay is that the machine shop is still making the floating reamer holder.I wonder the order even got to the shop. It seems that PTG makes a lot of tooling for Midway. doug

Comment

Originally posted by uscra112 View Post
                            Call finally got thru ... SIX MONTHS later I got the reamer.
                            I placed an order for a pair of reamers. They said there would be a six week lead time. No problem.

Eight weeks later I started sending enquiries by email. Four months later I started leaving voicemail. Six months later I left a message saying I was going to have my credit card company reverse the charges. The next day I got a message saying they were getting right to it, just a week or so. Three weeks later, their guarded response led me to believe they had somehow lost my order, since they were going to "rush" my reamers. Another couple of weeks and their snippy millennial twit "Jasen" (?) emails me that I need to "wait my turn." I replied that it was time for me to call my credit card company. I got a phone call shortly after, with a woman assuring me my order would ship the next day. It arrived a couple of days later.

I had had excellent service from PTS... ten years ago. But after the run-around and lack of responsiveness, I'll never do business with them again. It wasn't just a bobble; several of their employees lied to me outright, which indicates it's how they do business now.

Comment

well, I fi nally received the tools I ordered on feb 02. arrived on may 08, in good condition and usable. I only got action after I threatened to cancel my order. thank all who replied to my query, I learned a lot. I don't think I will ever order from pacific tool and guage again.

Comment

Working...
                              X