• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Gloves

What do you like for a TIG glove?

Why?

How do you like the fit?

I recently tried on some labeled as TIG gloves. The were a soft feelng glove. Almost like a driving glove except the large was a little snug. Enough to slightly limit movement. The X-large was a little loose. For a regular welding glove I like slightly loose so I can tear the glove off quickly when I cook it. Something I inevitably do on larger projects when MIG welding. I just include the cost of a new glove in larger projects. LOL. I bought the x-large, but I wonder if the looseness might limit dexterity to feed rod. My son (actually took welding in high school) said in class he just used shorter pieces of rod and held them further back so he could feed without having to feed the rod through his fingers for most applications.

*** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

I've used actual driving gloves and TIG gloves. I ended up choosing the large, slightly tight ones. Better "feel" thru the glove. On the other hand, they are definitely more prone to damage and getting cooked.

Comment

Thin leather stretches pretty quick, especially after being dampened by sweat. I like the slightly snug ones.
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Revco Tigster.

Comment

I use the cheap white leather gloves from my local welding supply store.

Comment

I have a pair of tillmans that I really like. Really soft, thin and slightly tight fitting fingers with a large cuff. I honestly don't do a lot of tig welding but can't find a fault in the gloves. Can't remember, but I don't think they were very expensive either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
              I have a pair of tillmans that I really like. Really soft, thin and slightly tight fitting fingers with a large cuff. I honestly don't do a lot of tig welding but can't find a fault in the gloves. Can't remember, but I don't think they were very expensive either.
              I use those for TIG too. Liked them enough that I bought a pair of their MIG style too.

Dan
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

My experience is limited to the Harbor Freight Vulcan Defender tig gloves, which were adequate to start with. I recently bought a pair of DeerSoSoft gloves by Weldas. They fit me better than the Vulcans and are buttery soft and sensitive. The label inside says they're made in Cambodia. They were about $26 at the local welding suppply. I can pick up a 1/16 rod with them on if I drop it. Now if could just keep the tungsten out of the puddle...

Comment

Another vote for Tillman gloves for tig, decent dexterity, far better than the clunky stick welding gloves I started with.

Comment

Black Stallion
                    Len

Comment

This is gonna sound weird but I had a job once making alloy fuel tanks for boats and planes, all thin sheet metal... The gloves of choice was the ordinary dish washing, household chores gloves. Worked great, just don't set your hand on a fresh weld. The tanks were built on a table that had soap water pouring on it the whole time, to find leaks. The weld zone was the only dry spot.

Comment

Here's something new "black" tig gloves. I don't know if I like them? I like to keep my white gloves clean so they last longer. (I know heat destroys them)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 9.58.32 AM.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1862790 See more here:https://weldmongerstore.com/collecti...g-gloves-black

Comment

Tillman 750L Elk hide, thick enough for MIG but supple enough for TIG. (at least for me...)

Comment

I don't have gig here, but the Tillman elkhide gloves are great! My general purpose gloves. Nice for cutting and gas welding. Okay for stick welding with the smaller electrodes.
                            I cut it off twice; it's still too short
                            Oregon, USA

Comment

Working...
                            X