Interesting Welding Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Welding Table

Wish I would have seen this before I made my welding table. Some good ideas here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un59Kn9r2VM

Interesting extensions and clamping system. Not so sure about the castors though, without a firm footing option.

Comment

Incredible table, especially if you’re space constrained as most of us are.

Comment

A shop as tight as mine, some things have to do double duty. This is an iron frame that I found in a "resource pile" and made some adaptations, not all of which are in this old picture. It can be thought of as three sections. Far left now has a slab of cement wall board that can hold hot objects. The center is an adjustable height turn table made from a drain cover about 1/2" thick. It can be removed and stored vertically on two hooks (not shown) at the bottom of the center section with the post pointing to the "rear". On the right is a plasma cutting area that has since been fitted with a sheet metal funnel into a metal 5 gal bucket underneath. The plasma table bars are reversible and replaceable, held vertically with metal dowels welded vertically to the frame. With the turn table in storage, the top bars align for an open work surface. This also functions as a spray finishing table when wood projects are on line. This picture is looking at it from a garage door that opens for ventilation. Yes, it's on casters for ease of movement, but I have not needed to secure it in any way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181201_164852257.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1966951
        DanK

Comment

I'd have put some bracing on the legs, myself. He still can, and I bet he does.

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Just ran across this guy on youtube. Quite a piece of engineering and well built. Might be a bit overkill for most.....but i'm sure it would function amazing in a working shop.

Comment

Working...
            X