Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garagemark
    replied
    Mike- at work, don't have access to machine right now, will work on it tonight.

Heck, I had no idea that I was going have so much grief just getting contact tips. I guess just because my machine has been taken care doesn't mean they all have.

I think one of the problems is going to be that the gun was built in the USA with Imperial measurements and threads, and most machines and guns are now made across the left pond to metric dimensions.

It's a hellufagood welder. I'll fight and kick and scream before I'll replace this gun.

Leave a comment:

• BigMike782
    replied
    Mark,

One possibility is to change all of the front end consumables. Does the diffuser thread into or onto the goose neck?
    What thread is it?

What is the serial number of the machine?

Leave a comment:

• garagemark
    started a topic Piecemaker 25A Parts

Piecemaker 25A Parts

Well, I have yet another dilemma in the welding world. All coming to light now because I just came out of hibernation to start a new fabrication project, and my equipment is getting old- like me. It seems I’m leaning on you guys a lot lately, but you all usually have the answers! So, for my next issue:

I have an older Hobart Beta MIG 250 wire welder. I bought it used years ago off an old guy who didn’t use it more than a couple of times, and I take care of my stuff, so it’s like brand new. It is fitted with a Piecemaker 25A gun that too is in good shape. It needs refreshed with a new nozzle and a contact tip, but that’s all. Except…

Consumables are no longer made for this gun. No welding house anywhere has exact replacement contact tips that I can find. They all want to sell me a new gun. Well, I don’t want or need a new gun. So, I’m in search of any contact tip that has a thread pitch of 1/4”-20. If I can get that thread, I can shape the rest of the tip to fit. All I can seem to locate are M6 or 1/4”-28 pitch. I’ve even thought of forcing a 1/4”-20 die over the M6 fine threads. The rest of the dimensions of the real thing are .25 DIA x 1” L (6.33mm x 25.36mm).

The nozzle and diffuser will be another story, but I’m not there yet. I need tips! And suggestions! Anyone know of an American 1/4”-20 thread contact tip? Can/ should I booger up something else to fit?

Appreciate the help,
    Mark
Working...
X