Regulator and plumbing assembly for a Lincoln SP100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator and plumbing assembly for a Lincoln SP100

I have an old SP100 wire feed that has a built in gas valve. I want to set it up to run gas shielding(Currently running flux core) for cleaner welds... I get ALOT of spatter and it is driving me NUTS!!!

Does anybody have a regulator head and hose from 1 of these anymore that is not being used?

For those not familiar with an SP100, it's an older Lincoln MIG welder. It features continuously variable voltage and feed speeds. It's transformer, not inverter. It runs off a 20 or 30 amp 110V supply. and will work with fluxcore as well as with gas. It's a very handy little welder with a good duty cycle.

I have an SP100. The regulator is external, mounting on the tank. A low pressure hose runs from the regulator to the welder.

This cheap one ($40) from harbor freight does work. https://www.harborfreight.com/regula...uge-94841.html

Dan
    Last edited by danlb; 06-10-2019, 02:42 PM.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

From what I am reading you need a flow gauge(regulator) and a gas hose.
      Your spatter could be related to polarity. Check the inside of the machine door and set per the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
        For those not familiar with an SP100, it's an older Lincoln MIG welder. It features continuously variable voltage and feed speeds.

Dan
        The one I have varies in steps, not continuously. Don't remember just when I bought it ...probably late 90's or early 2000's. Not long afterwards I started seeing a different model occupying that sales niche.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
          The one I have varies in steps, not continuously. Don't remember just when I bought it ...probably late 90's or early 2000's. Not long afterwards I started seeing a different model occupying that sales niche.
          You must have the SP-100T model. The T is for 'tapped'. From the Lincoln site,
          The SP-100, Type K462, is a complete semiautomatic constant voltage DC arc welding machine. Included is a solid state controlled, single phase constant voltage transformer/ rectifier power source and a wire feeder for feeding .023 – .030" (0.6 – 0.8 mm) solid steel electrode and .035" (0.9 mm) cored electrode.
          Dan
          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Sorry, I was wrong. That term "SP-100" looked so familiar, I think because I remember it from back when I was welder shopping.

Upon googling and seeing the words Weld Pak 100 I realized that is what I ended up getting.
            ... As you might guess, I haven't used it in recent years.

Comment

Working...
            X