Shop full of machines what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop full of machines what to do?

My good freind and master gunsmith had a a sudden and severe stroke. His daughter asked me to try to sell his 2 lathes, 2 mills, shapers and other stuff. I am old and unable to move any of it. Its all near Bremerton WA and half of it is new. Are there any machine dealers or liquidators up there. Im stuck in Oregon.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

You are in an area with shipyards and other industries, so there should be dealers. I did a google search for the term "machine shop dealers seattle" and found this link: https://www.yellowpages.com/seattle-...e-tool-dealers which has a bunch of machinery sellers.

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your friend.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your friend. I am about 40 mins from bremerton and would come by and see whats available. You can also try craigslist or facebook marketplace if you want to go that route. As far as machine dealers there just aren't many around here, and the ones that are mostly deal with big stuff. I have purchased a few things from MD equipment but they are mostly out of portland.

Comment

What to do? Is the daughter local and able to meet people on site, do the deal etc? If so I think the classifies are your best bet, the target market for that stuff is the homes shops/hobbyists.....sort of doubt a dealer would have much interest unless it was a small one. Next question, is it about maximizing the dollars or just clearing out the shop with minimal burden? If the former, clean stuff up, photograph, research list the items separately etc. Sounds more like the later in which find some interested guy you like for the lot of it and put a silly low price on it and you're done.

Bremerton....that's where Forrest is from. Anyone heard from him lately? He's not been on any of the forums in awhile.
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Dealer will have zero interest in the mill/drill, 7" shaper or hobby size import lathe.
          Local private sales/make a pile, give me an offer is your best bet at cleaning out the shop.

Comment

Is there a machinist club local ?

Hal

Comment

Working...
            X