Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relocating to Olympia WA area from VA, no shop to move into. What to do with 10EE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating to Olympia WA area from VA, no shop to move into. What to do with 10EE?

Any ideas? Two "minor" challenges to overcome LOL. Moving and probable lack of a permanent place to unload. I live in a typical suburban neighborhood, closest forklift rental co., SunBelt, has some kind of safety training requirements I'm trying to get details on. I got the 10EE here on a rented drop deck and carefully unloaded it single handed winching it down with the straps and a safety chain.

10EE is #3200. Getting it there either in a small PODS, #5,000 load limit, on a large 4" X 6" frame/pallet or by a 6' X 10' drop deck trailer. Could do LTL, "but" to where?
    The tough part of a PODS is the load unload. No easy way to rig a winch. Easy part is they drop it right in front of the 10EE.
    The tough part of the drop deck is the cross country trip hauling it, but will have minimal difficulty doing anything surface level.

The rest of the ~ 550 sq. ft. shop can fit in a PODS, "but" have major potential storage environmental concerns. And of course it will probably need to be unloaded in a tight window.

TIA

Ron

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Sell it.
    12" x 35" Logan 2557V lathe
    Index "Super 55" mill
    18" Vectrax vertical bandsaw
    7" x 10" Vectrax mitering bandsaw
    24" State disc sander

Comment

Originally posted by ezduzit View Post
      Sell it.
      Option #1 in planning is always "Do nothing."

Ron

Comment

I am in olympia wa as well, if you need a hand moving it let me know. If a forklift isn't available, I would do just as you did and put it on long skids and roll it up onto a drop deck trailer on pipes. If you cant find a drop deck trailer, you could do the same with a tilting flatbed trailer.

If you don't have anywhere to put it, I might be willing to store it for a bit, and I have a 5k forklift/flatbed truck. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazemaster83 View Post
          I am in olympia wa as well, if you need a hand moving it let me know. If a forklift isn't available, I would do just as you did and put it on long skids and roll it up onto a drop deck trailer on pipes. If you cant find a drop deck trailer, you could do the same with a tilting flatbed trailer.

If you don't have anywhere to put it, I might be willing to store it for a bit, and I have a 5k forklift/flatbed truck. Good luck!
          Very generous of you! I am happy to rent space for a limited time if it comes to that, have seen too much drama to want any more simply due to lack of clarity on expectations. The offer is really a big load off as selling might have been the only viable option though my brother is adamant he will drive out from ID with his trailer if it came to that. I know he has enough on his plate. With a little luck it won't be needed.

My big hope is that our realtor is going to find us a place before I get there taking care of the primary problem. It looks like the bidding wars are starting to end so I'm a little more hopeful.

Thanks again!

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X