This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Would you stop?

Say you were driving the main street thru a small town and on your left side was a small strip of shops with large front glass windows.

Getting a fast glimpse of one window in particular that had a cute little maniquien with a short skirt bent over with pink polka dot panties and holding
    a very large pie tin and an overhead sign that read,

"If I can do it so can you"

Would you stop your truck, turnaround, and drive back to get another look?

"This is metal related."

Curiosity

Yep - I would too! So what did we find when we went back?

Comment

Yes... and what did you find?

Comment

Re: Would i stop and go back for another look:?

Naw,, maybe years ago i would, but anymore once you get older ya just figure hell they all look alike, all basicly the same, kinda like buying a used car.

Ok, Ok,, we're waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what was the metal connection to the pink polka dot panties???

(Geez we get weird riddles on this site!!)

Comment

got bored a few nights back, browsing the web, things sort of went downhill and wound up at a rather questionable, let's say 'adult rated' site. Photo-shoot of a pretty in some guys home workshop. Man, that guy had lousy tools. Very disorganised, no hope of getting anything worthwhile done in that place.

what girl?

I can't decide if I'm getting old or I'm FREE! Can't wait for the weekend to get back to the shop.

I guess, in your shoes, I wouldn't have bothered going back, probably wouldn't have even noticed in the first place, unless there was something interesting on display, you know, like a mill or something. Yay FREEDOM!

David...
          Last edited by fixerdave; 04-26-2012, 11:43 PM.
          http://fixerdave.blogspot.com/

Comment

really? you guys are stopping, making a U-eee to check out a still dressed bent over plastic chick? Probably driven by that dozens of times but i don't remember cuz its a unoticed non event

Comment

Maybe, so what did you find?
              It's only ink and paper

Comment

Never made it that far down the street,shop two blocks back(that you missed) had a lathe in the window and a couple grinders and well.............. $$$$ later it was time to go home
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Get old enough and you get more concerned about important things. LAst summer I was visting a family of long acqauintance. Nice people fairly well to do, big house with swimming pool and a big active family to enjoy it. We had gathered out by the pool because the weather was pretty hot. I was kicking back visiting with the other old farts telling lies and swigging cold beverages. Meanwhile thre ravishly pretty grandaughter and her sister were capering around in skimpy swim suits teaching the little kids how to swim.

They were pretty girls full of energy, fun, and good will (beats a fine figure any day) but outside of a few lingering gazes and a few remeniiscences our topics of conversation were remember when, aches and pains, sports, cars, and activities of our families. Latere it was food and memorable picnics.

Time was... but that was "time was." This is now and I'm kind glad all those raging hormones have faded to echoes.

Comment

Andy

Comment

"This is metal related."
                      You sure it isn't wood related?
                      Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                      ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Bye
                        You sure it isn't wood related?

Good one !

Comment

So, what was the pie tin, pressed, spun, hammer formed and planished?

We're waiting to hear!

Dave Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by Patch
                            Say you were driving the main street thru a small town and on your left side was a small strip of shops with large front glass windows.

Getting a fast glimpse of one window in particular that had a cute little maniquien with a short skirt bent over with pink polka dot panties and holding
                            a very large pie tin and an overhead sign that read,

"If I can do it so can you"

Would you stop your truck, turnaround, and drive back to get another look?

"This is metal related."
                            So how long do we have to wait for an answer or at least a hint?

I just love it when someone starts a thread asking for input and then leaves the building.
                            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

What Willy said.
                              Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

Working...
                              X