NE Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE Florida

I recently relocated to Jacksonville, and I'm interested finding local groups and/or events related to home metal shop, machining, or welding.

Anyone out there familiar with this area?

Hi There,
    Welcome to the area. I'm in North Jax. I don't know of any groups or events around here, sorry.
    Feel free to call or email anytime. [email protected] 904 566 8040

Best Regards, David

Comment

Hello - Well, I am not a machinist although I do own a few along with an assortment of welders.. I am a retired automotive engineering manager who still likes to tinker. Don't know of any groups.

I have my man cave in Yulee. PM me if you are close or need anything.

Richard Gray

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. My name is Buck by the way. I'm a former pipe welder turned welding inspector. I've been putting together a small welding and machining home shop for a few years.

Any local-ish sources for equipment and/or materials?

Comment

Hi Buck,
          What sort of material & equipment are you looking for?
          I see a few of Bridgeports on craigslist, ranging from a $500 basket case to a $4k supposedly very good machine.
          Best,
          David

Comment

Originally posted by david a View Post
            Hi Buck,
            What sort of material & equipment are you looking for?
            I see a few of Bridgeports on craigslist, ranging from a $500 basket case to a $4k supposedly very good machine.
            Best,
            David
            Nothing in particular. I have a lathe, welding equipment, and other general shop tools. I was thinking more along the lines of a local place that sells used and/or salvage machines, tooling, or machining stock that could be useful for future projects. I keep my eye on CL a lot, but sometimes more commercial type brick and mortar businesses can offer interesting finds and surprising deals.

Alro Metals off Lane Ave has a decent selection of drop materials they sell by the pound. Any other local sources like this that you know of?

Comment

I'm in Pensacola. Not as close to you as others but not as far as some either.

Comment

I'm in Savannah. When looking on craigslist, I see more machines in Brandenton area than other areas.
                I got my little mill out of brandenton.

Comment

Working...
                X