Looking for Craftsman 109 Lantern post Collar and rocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Craftsman 109 Lantern post Collar and rocker

Hi all, I just signed up for the forum today. My son and I have been playing with a Craftsman 109 which I know has many pitfalls but it's what we have at the moment and we're having a lot of fun with it. We're tinkerers by nature so dealing with it's shortcomings is part of the fun.

I have the lantern post but am missing the rocker and collar for the post. I've searched high and low and cannot find them anywhere especially the collar. Does anyone have any leads on where to find them? The only other option I'm finding is the quick change tool post which will be the next purchase if I can't find the parts to put the lantern back together but the lantern is my first choice.

Thanks!
    Randy

Hi Randy,
    Welcome to the forum.

There was a fairly active Yahoo group for AA/Craftsman 109 users that may have someone there who can help out with this. As Yahoo is pretty rapidly obsoleting the entire "groups" function there, you have maybe a short time yet that you could check in and ask this question of them. You may try to sneak in a question or two there before Yahoo shuts it all down.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ers_Group/info

The group owner is reopening the group on the groups.io platform and it can be found here:

https://groups.io/g/AA-109-Lathe-Group/topics

I suspect that you may find that even the smallest quick change post will be a bit large for that machine. I have one that belonged to a friend, I really don't use it, but cannot imagine putting a QC tool post on that little machine.

-Al

Comment

Thanks, I'll take look there and see what I can find. I'm guessing I'm going to have to keep watching eBay or get someone to make one for me.

Thanks again,
      Randy

Comment

Sure thing, glad to help a bit if I can. You also may want to try posting your request in the general forum here. That gets a great deal more traffic than this sub-forum does.
        -Al

Comment

There was a bunch of information on stuff for the 109 on the old rec,crafts,metalworking archive area. I do not know what happened to that, it may still be around.

You would be better off to forget there evver was a lantern post for that machine. You can make a block toolpost with nothing more than a drill, hacksaw, and files that will be much handier nd solid. Plans were in the archives, in the 1999 time period (the archives are dated)

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Holy cow, I found the rec.crafts.metalworking stuff and what a treasure trove! I found the block toolpost files that you spoke of in AutoCAD format which is perfect. I guess I know what I have to do now.

Just in case someone reads this in the future, the archive search all starts here, http://www.mwdropbox.com/ and here http://machinistindex.com/html/metalworking_index.html

Thanks again, this is amazing.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
              There was a bunch of information on stuff for the 109 on the old rec,crafts,metalworking archive area. I do not know what happened to that, it may still be around.

You would be better off to forget there evver was a lantern post for that machine. You can make a block toolpost with nothing more than a drill, hacksaw, and files that will be much handier nd solid. Plans were in the archives, in the 1999 time period (the archives are dated)
              Good call JT, I'd about forgotten about all of that. RCM was a great resource until the crazies took over.

Comment

Working...
              X