Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeHenry
    replied
    gda - didn't you get a copy of the metric gear set manual from me? Also, I'd laser-engraved a gear chart for someone and thought it was you. It looked like this one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5914 Metric Gear Chart.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	1890082

Did you get the engraving?

On edit: sorry gda - I thought you were the OP when I made this reply.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeHenry; 08-01-2020, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gda
    replied
    LOL - I bought the metric set from Mike.

Leave a comment:

• MikeHenry
    replied
    I sold a Clausing 5900-series metric threading not too long ago, but saved a copy of the manual and threading chart. They are too large to upload here so PM or email me if you want copies.

The URL for the Google Clausing group is https://groups.io/g/clausing-lathe-and-mill

Leave a comment:

• WGonzalez2
    replied
    Ringo: I am also looking for that kit but I could not get in the yahoo groups.
    Any chance you could exactly how to get into that group.
    I did a search using: "Kit 7124" site: site:https://groups.io/g/ without the "Kit 7124" but i get nothing related to that kit even google bring some threads.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    the Clausing metric kit No.7124 is the 100T/127T gears and banjo and a few others to cut metric.

Leave a comment:

• WGonzalez2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ringo View Post
    Call Clausing. have your serial number with you.
    They are good about supporting older machines

I also saw it on internet search google for Clausing chart M109
    Thanks, found the chart and even it is not for my 5914 model I will work from here. Maybe they used same ratios on QC gear box.
    I know my gear train is different, but with lack I can figure out the ratios.
    Tanks Click image for larger version

Name:	Clausing_Lathe_Treads_Metric.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1885513Click image for larger version

Name:	Clausing_Lathe_Treads_Metric-2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1885512
    Just in case someone needs it I post it here.

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    Call Clausing. have your serial number with you.
    They are good about supporting older machines

I also saw it on internet search google for Clausing chart M109
    Last edited by Ringo; 07-06-2020, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Clausing 5914 lathe, 3PH, old, looking for a Metric Threading Chart

I would like to get a chart for metric threading with my Standard Lead Screw to cut metric thread in the range of 0.5 to 2.0 mm.
    I have the Quick Change box with the 4 to 224 TPI using the 8 positions selection; the GEAR-IN/GEAR-OUT option; with also the A B & C position multiplier.

It would be nice if I can find someone that has the table, rather than me find the ratios on the QC Box and calculate gearing.

My plan is to cast two aluminum blanks and cut then on the lathe. Plan to make 80/63 or 47/37 for the inch to metric conversion. My work is mainly when I get confronted with some bolts/nuts that I need to restore or replace. Usually no longer threads than a couple inches.

I bought the manual in eBay years ago but do not have anything on this.
    I appreciate any suggestion,
    Thanks
Working...
X