Jet 1236P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet 1236P

Hi everyone, new to me a Jet 1236P in good condition other than motor. Electrical wiring for the motor is subpar. I'm considering trashing the motor and wiring and going with a 3hp 3 phase VFD. Anyone has any suggestions on the matter? But I don't have a clue make or model to use for the changeover. I can take pics of the machine soon and post them.

Thanks
    Randy

Originally posted by Randydan View Post
    Hi everyone, new to me a Jet 1236P in good condition other than motor. Electrical wiring for the motor is subpar. I'm considering trashing the motor and wiring and going with a 3hp 3 phase VFD. Anyone has any suggestions on the matter? But I don't have a clue make or model to use for the changeover. I can take pics of the machine soon and post them.

Thanks
    Randy
    Great upgrade. Those are limited on speeds. Can't see any downsides. Go for it! You should be able to rewire the original switch into the VFD and just add a pot somewhere.
    21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

Comment

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I will post some pics tonight. But the problem is I'm starting from scratch. Motor, on/off switch, F/S/R switch. My post might have been misleading, I don't have 3 phase. So. will my wiring be 110 volt or 220 volt single phase. But I know I will need a 3 phase motor and was thinking about a 3hp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Randy

Comment

Figure on "220 volt" (which is almost certainly 240V in reality).

While there are VFDs that operate off 120V, there is only so much power you can get from 120V single phase, and that does not get up to 3 HP.
        4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Working...
        X