Abrasive Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abrasive Cord

Does anyone have a home recipie for abrasive cord? I need some once in a blue moon and just don't want to buy a whole roll.
    John B

Mix abrasive into a small quantity of ATF to a tooth paste consistenct then apply this to your cord.
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

Comment

Thanks Boucher! Great idea. I had also considered using the lapping compound that I use when I lep a 1911 Government bushing in the slide. To wit, put some on my thumb and finger nd pull the cordage through and repeat as necessary.
      John B

Comment

What about one of those balls of kitchen twine. They come in the plastic cup with screw on lid with built in cutter. Can be found at the dollar store. Fill the cup with the abrasive slurry, and it should soak into the twine. just pull out and cut off what you need, and the mess is all self contained.

Comment

Now that's even better yet!!!!!!! I need to have abrasive cord in the .075 - 0.080 range. I notch Colt auto slide stops to slide past the retaining pin to make insertion a bit less of a three hand job on a tightly set up pistol.
          John B

Comment

Working...
          X