-35° to 90°

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -35° to 90°

What does -35° to 90° mean? http://hayesbc.com/wp-content/themes...051221-CAB.pdf

I am trying to understand if I can mount a brake controller almost vertically on my dash and the accepted angle says -35° to 90°.

I don't understand the -35° part.
    90° is level with my floor, where is -35°?

Or, does it mean from 90° up to 35°?

Their tech support isn't much help with this.

If their tech support can't tell you, you shouldn't listen to me... But I'd say they mean 35* below the horizontal, and 90* is straight up.
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

According to the way the illustration is shown, 90 degrees is straight up (vertical) and -35 degrees is 35 degrees down from horizontal. Zero degrees would be horizontal, positive angles would be up on the face/control/rear-facing end and negative angles would be down on that same end. So the unit would operate with the control end anywhere between straight up and 35 degrees down from horizontal.
      Don Young

Comment

Looks like mine on the dump truck. I never read that part when mouted I cocked it a little to see it . I never had a problem.

Comment

The illustration show exactly how you should mount this controller.
          Don't mount it with the gain wheel, light, slide, pointing straight up!!!
          It will not work with that face vertical!!!

THANX RICH
          People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

Is see it as either mounted horizontally or with front face tilted upwards a maximum of 35 deg. So 90 deg. minus 35 deg. is 55 deg from vertical.

Nev.
            Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Young View Post
              According to the way the illustration is shown, 90 degrees is straight up (vertical) and -35 degrees is 35 degrees down from horizontal. Zero degrees would be horizontal, positive angles would be up on the face/control/rear-facing end and negative angles would be down on that same end. So the unit would operate with the control end anywhere between straight up and 35 degrees down from horizontal.
              That is what I understand.

Comment

Looking at the picture, looks to me like you can mount it parallel to the floor of your truck, or tilted up slightly. The little pendulum on the side has to point straight down towards the floor with some possible forward movement left in the mechanism when it swings.
                James

Comment

Originally posted by J. Randall View Post
                  Looking at the picture, looks to me like you can mount it parallel to the floor of your truck, or tilted up slightly. The little pendulum on the side has to point straight down towards the floor with some possible forward movement left in the mechanism when it swings.
                  James
                  Exactly as I see it, but probably explained better than I did.

Nev.
                  Nev.

Comment

Working...
                  X